Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

eddie howe nice to see

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Good news.

Time is running out for both Charlton and Palace to find a new manager and for them and have a good look at there squads.Already 11 days into window and everyone will be fighting over the same players.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bad News.

Would rather he went as AFCB would surely tumble down the league or at least have a greater chance of doing so.

Agreed though it is nice to see loyalty and my reasons were purely Albion selfish...

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
agree,he must really have a tie to the club and fans,played from youth i beleive ,then left then came back?youngest manager,and turned down (lets be honest)2 bigger clubs with more potential,top marks,now lets stuff them next week!!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Bad News.

Would rather he went as AFCB would surely tumble down the league or at least have a greater chance of doing so.

Agreed though it is nice to see loyalty and my reasons were purely Albion selfish...

Totally agree. He is the reason Bournemouth are doing so well, this decision will give them a big boost for friday i suspect. I didn't like the way his team played at Withers but you have to admit he nearly got the job done even without the help of a dodgy linesman. Still good to see that the game is not completely devoid of integrity these days.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
He's got a great managerial future ahead of him and seems a decent chap. Always nice to see loyalty in football.

I don't think Bournemouth will be in the promotion mix come the end of the season though.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
What a class operator heir apparent to Poyet when he goes to Tottenham in 2015 having got BhA into premiership

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think it's so much that he's 100% loyal to Bournemouth- if that were the case, he wouldn't have even spoken to Palace or Charlton.

It's more that he doesn't think either vacancy is right for him, and I can see why he'd think that. Charlton offer little more than he's already got...why sell yourself short? And Palace are just a disaster area.

I reckon Howe will be gone by the end of the season, but to a better club than the two above.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I don't think it's so much that he's 100% loyal to Bournemouth- if that were the case, he wouldn't have even spoken to Palace or Charlton.

It's more that he doesn't think either vacancy is right for him, and I can see why he'd think that. Charlton offer little more than he's already got...why sell yourself short? And Palace are just a disaster area.

I reckon Howe will be gone by the end of the season, but to a better club than the two above.

If Poyet goes in September next year (having got us up and led us out at Falmer) to lets say I dunno West Brom or something then I reckon Eddie Howe would be a shoe in and on the shortlist to replace Lord Gus.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Exactly this. He'll move in the summer. His decision to stay is based on promises he'll have got from the club, over money to spend / player sales, etc, all of which will assist him to progress the project he'sstarted so well at B'muff, and further enhance his reputation.

If it was ALL about loyalty, what was he talking about in the 8 hour meeting with the chairman yesterday.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Bad news... would have helped us a lot if B'muff had been weakened... that said, at least Charlton are still looking...

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
he's staying and we are on a roll...:bigwave:

ps you have 2400 tickets for our gaff I believe with the temp stand thrown in, do you think you will sell out?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Glad he's staying with them. So many managers run before they can walk & end up flat on their arses six months after taking their 'dream job'.
And would rather he lead Bournemouth to 2nd in the League One than save Palarse from relegation.
Wonder if they were lining up Fletcher to replace him :lol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In all honesty, which team would I rather have Eddie Howe in charge of, Charlton or Bournemouth?

If he had to be at one of them, I'd rather it was Bournemouth, purely as in the long term, firstly he will end up leaving anyway, and secondly they have less potential to improve than Charlton do, because of their lack of money and regular transfer embargoes. Whereas Charlton, given a decent manager, migh actually start to pick up.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Charlton would be a step up but only a small step. Like Gus going to a small championship club. Better to wait with the club who are set up as you like it and wait for the truely big leap up in class to come, or else take your own club that small step forward. Got to have confidence in your own ability to continually improve a little year to year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here