Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ed milliband

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
iand, something overlooked, he ad Labour will be wrong footed if the cuts are not as severe int their impact as expected. they are rather expecting even willing a double dip recession.

Yeah i think you're right. I wonder if it's conservative tactics to big up expectations for draconian cuts and so that the changes they do have to make seem mild by comparison.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Firstly- Dianne Abbot did not expect to win and will merely say the honest truth- a reason why she wouldn't be suitable..

Secondly- exam results don't need massaging. They improve year on year anyway. Simply because teachers no longer teach subjects they teach kids how to pass exams. I was told that by...ahem..teachers..

Thirdly-I am a member of the GMB and voted for ed Milliband without prompting as did 37% of the membership on the first vote.

Reasoned comment please

Why did she enter if she did not expect to win - seems a little pointless to dilute the vote and mess around with choices if she had no expectation of leadership - or even being taken seriously.

Results are massaged because teaching is guided to the results. Ergo - you want the results, you force the teachers to teach to a target and the results are better because that is what you aimed for. (c) Ed Bollocks. I was told that by - bugger me, I am a teacher that left Primary Teaching because of the false results in SATs driven upwards by EBs directives!

On votes from Labour MPs and party members he lost - he was carried to the slender majority by the votes of the Unions. He is a Union puppet no matter what he says - and if he ever crosses them he will be reminded that he is only in charge because of their block voting system and that he could be removed the same way.

And why did Unite spoil over 15K of the votes, with only 10% voting at all?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah i think you're right. I wonder if it's conservative tactics to big up expectations for draconian cuts and so that the changes they do have to make seem mild by comparison.

i've always thought so. asking for departments to look at upto 40% cuts made sure they really looked deep and hard at what they do and how. but that sort of cut, in one go, wouldnt really be necessary or probably even workable.

Why did she enter if she did not expect to win - seems a little pointless to dilute the vote and mess around with choices if she had no expectation of leadership - or even being taken seriously.

on point of principle and in the process elevated herself from media/public friendly backbencher to a certain shadow cabinet post. maybe education :wink:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Cameron must be well pleased,Ed owes the unions big time,with the huge debts left by Labour allowing higher pay rises will put us in the same position as Greece,except for the weather of course.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
This exact result was touted as labours worst nightmare. It feels very similar to the Hague win post the start of the Blair years, good politician wins but far too early to make any impact. A few more years in the wilderness for labour me thinks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here