Dec 31, 2004
"ndeed. They have the moral superiority apparently. "
Quoted by a self seeking TORY

THANK YOU

Praise at last.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well you can see where the Tories Libdems will go,who voted for him the party or the UNIONS ? He will not be able to shake that off.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Don't forget, it is considered sacrilege to not be a looney left Labour supporter on this site.
Ridiculous. There are just as many righties on here as lefties, if not more, who seem to have no qualms about expressing their opinions. If you feel frightened maybe you need to grow a set?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
As a Tory, I was hoping Ed would win, so I am happy !

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
Diane Abbot came last, so she will claim that Labour is a racist, misognynist party that has not adapted.

Ed Balls came third, so he will simply do what he did with the exam results - massage them and make it look like he had a record year and actually came first.

Andy Burhham - Everton supporter. Used to not winning then.

Ed Milliband is the darling of the GMB, so Labour caved into pressure from the unions again.

Firstly- Dianne Abbot did not expect to win and will merely say the honest truth- a reason why she wouldn't be suitable..

Secondly- exam results don't need massaging. They improve year on year anyway. Simply because teachers no longer teach subjects they teach kids how to pass exams. I was told that by...ahem..teachers..

Thirdly-I am a member of the GMB and voted for ed Milliband without prompting as did 37% of the membership on the first vote.

Reasoned comment please

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Ed Miliband is a very clever bloke who is good with people but the Tories will be happy tonight. His brother was the one they were scared of. I can't see Ed being PM unless there's a double dip and we go back into recession. If that does happen, the coalition should be thrown out of office. But if they can manage to maintain the slow recovery (put in place by Labour's Alastair Darling) I think it will be very difficult for Ed to beat Cameron at the next election. In the meantime, expect to see the Tory's hammer him and Labour over the way the party elects it's leader and the continuing disproportionate influence of the unions, and I speak as a member of a trades union. To my mind that looks and feels wrong for 21st century politics.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Diane Abbot came last, so she will claim that Labour is a racist, misognynist party that has not adapted.

Ed Balls came third, so he will simply do what he did with the exam results - massage them and make it look like he had a record year and actually came first.

Andy Burhham - Everton supporter. Used to not winning then.

Ed Milliband is the darling of the GMB, so Labour caved into pressure from the unions again.

Diane Abbot can f*** off as she's only where she is as a token. I f***ing loath this woman.

I voted tory coz I agree with their principals and didnt like a dozy scotchman in charge of the country. Ed Mill is in no way a threaght to number 10. His bro would have been though.

I foresee at least a decade in the shadow for labour. Kinda like the last 13 years but vice versa.

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
Diane Abbot can f*** off as she's only where she is as a token. I f***ing loath this woman.

I voted tory coz I agree with their principals and didnt like a dozy scotchman in charge of the country. Ed Mill is in no way a threaght to number 10. His bro would have been though.

I foresee at least a decade in the shadow for labour. Kinda like the last 13 years but vice versa.

Are you Jeremy Paxman in disguise ?

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex

It is responses like the above that make me wonder if democracy was such a good idea after all...... :lolol:

HackneyMan

Sep 21, 2010
Genuinely surprised.

David was 1/2 ON with the bookmakers and "looked" a good thing to me.

Mind you nowhere near as astonished as I was when The Liberals chose 70-year-old Ming Campbel b4 Cleggy.:laugh:

HackneyMan

Sep 21, 2010
Tories will be delighted.

Do Labour choose charismatic David, who can charm the Middle Classes or Ed?

"We will choose Ed!" seems a real error to me if the objective is to regain power.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Who is Ed Milliband?

No wonder our education system is in a mess when the lefties can't even spell the name of their own leader!

LOL..!

I don't really know anything about Ed Milliband, but there is an interesting, and lengthy, article about him online in the Sunday Telegraph......and , no, I have no idea how much of the article is 'truth'.

Seems his father was a Marxist and his mother extreme Left. He was in Gordon Browns 'camp' and alledgedly had a major part in writing the defeated Labour Party Manifesto.

As someone has already posted, he doesn't seem to have done a proper days work in his life yet.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Union puppet

istockphoto_5420165-puppet-on-a-string.jpg

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I think it depends largely on how successful the right wing press are in creating the union link in the voters minds. But, the coalition are going to be making some deeply unpopular cuts so whenever the next election is called the labour party is going to have an inherent advantage.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Can't believe David didn't win it,
I wonder if in real life they're like Niles & Frasier Craine?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think it depends largely on how successful the right wing press are in creating the union link in the voters minds. But, the coalition are going to be making some deeply unpopular cuts so whenever the next election is called the labour party is going to have an inherent advantage.

its also going to be important how he responds to the cuts and what he propses instead. as part of team Brown, he was involved in the failings of the past 5 years. if he just opposes each and every cut people will soon tire of opposition for oppositions sake.

i heard him on TV this morning and he did seem to be acknowledging the need for some cuts and that, but when asked for proposals he clammed up. he's already reaching out to the middle class, but how will it work if/when his union benefactors say they want a stronger line?

and, something overlooked, he ad Labour will be wrong footed if the cuts are not as severe int their impact as expected. they are rather expecting even willing a double dip recession.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here