Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ed Bassford - Albion legend - Lewes Meeting

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just got back from the meeting, South Today, Meridian, Argus there, lasted about 1 hour. I don't want to steal Ed's thunder as no doubt he will post on here but Ed ( Lord Bracknell ) gave a 5 minute speak whilst handing over the petition with 5165 signatures from Lewes residents and tore the council to pieces.

Ed that was superb old boy

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ann De Vecchi dodged all questions sitting there looking a bit tense. Her right hand man answered all the questions and did not dodge them to be fair and he also said he would resign if the action ending up costing LDC more than £ 25000 :clap:

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Ed (Lord B) is a great bloke, first met him at the last public inquiry.

Well Done Ed and everyone else that went to the meeting.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What did he say? Not word for word, just the gist.

NSC LEGEND - Lord B.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ed's was the best speech of the whole meeting, he just ripped LDC apart in what they are doing, unfortunately I had to sit on the other side of the room with the enemy but when Ed finished I let out my loudest possible applause, like cheering in the Palace end when Brighton score and I did I love it :clap:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I have it on good authority that he said:

I went to the falmer pond the other day with my mum and I walked around and sung brighton songs and fed the ducks and even went in the pub and...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
LDC said they thought they had the majority of support in the Lewes area for what they are doing :jester:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Richard.Branson.Gibbs.Aquada.jpg
:bowdown:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Did BBC South and Meridian have cameras there? Need to get around to tuning Meridian in on my satellite box in my room still....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
oi trig........why u not at work?!:albion:

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Lord B I can only echo the plaudits you have been getting.

My lordship, I bow down to thee :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here