Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ebay

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
I'd love to move away from receiving/sending payment in paypal. The fees cut out much of the (poor) margin we make. But as Ebay own Paypal the less ebay charge for listing, the more paypal seem to take.

We love cash on collection, but it isn't always possible. We then write a receipt for our books, but as I say, not everyone is local.

how so? a friend is talking me into ebaying as a sideline to earn some extra pennies, good to know what pitfalls there are.

If you're trading and making a profit, you will need to make the HMRC aware...
This will cut another 20% or 40% off your profits...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Purchased:

Peter Kay Tickets
A Green Shield Stamp Key Ring (Yes really, bl**dy women)
Garmin

Sold:

Kayak
Baby Changer
Cot

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
DVD
Melody Madness
Phone Stylus

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
4 x TVR S/Alloy Black Resin Domed Wheel Centers 58mm

HQ Digital Audio Coaxial Lead Cable SPDIF 1.5m

Am-Tech 16oz Rubber Mallet

if that helps

However in my time I have bought everything from a basque to a car

I have sold numerous shite as well although was forced by an ex to sell all my lovely Arcam Hi fi as she 'didnt like all the big black boxes' ...........bitch

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Hahahahaha!

aviaviavioioioi

Sep 29, 2009
Seaford/Brighton
E bay has had it's day for me, far too many rules, the feedback system is a joke and PayPal are money grabbing *****. They have made it very difficult for the sellers. I have a mate that used to make 3 grand a week on ebay but doesn't bother with it now as he reckons it's not worth the grief.

Best thing to do is focus on items that are similar so don't sell electric items with clothes etc as people do tend to look at your shop for similar items that they have bought from you.

The things that I always made money from are novelty items. It's surprising how much crap people buy.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have a mate that used to make 3 grand a week on ebay but doesn't bother with it now as he reckons it's not worth the grief.

It would take a fair amount of grief to put me off a guaranteed £150k pa...I take it we are talking Pounds Sterling here and not some other currency!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Bought:

Guitar
Drinks fridge
Laptop
A few iphone odds & sods car charger etc
Mini fridge

Have to say never had a problem with deliverys or Paypal, I appreciate there will always be some problems though, just lucky so far I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here