Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eating Vegetables.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have always eaten meat simply because being a war baby it wasnt available much with rationing and when it came off of ration it was a special delicacy. Plus I think as people we have eaten meat for 100s of years, apart from teenager girls who all go through a fad of 'being a vegetarian', but I have noticed that as I have got older I have taken to eating more vegetables and less meat with my dinner. Is this a sign of the times or have others moved towards more veg on the plate?

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Meat, meat...........meat!!!

Think there is more variety of veg and more choice, both in restaurants and shops.

I have always eaten meat simply because being a war baby it wasnt available much with rationing and when it came off of ration it was a special delicacy. Plus I think as people we have eaten meat for 100s of years, apart from teenager girls who all go through a fad of 'being a vegetarian', but I have noticed that as I have got older I have taken to eating more vegetables and less meat with my dinner. Is this a sign of the times or have others moved towards more veg on the plate?

You'll be getting the anti-vegetarian fascists from the Sausage Rolls thread on here before long!

Last edited:

Tilly.

Nov 14, 2008
Don't be soo daft, there's nout wrong with a side plate of steaming sprouts from Pa's allotment!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Real men eat meat. Vegetables are tree-huggers and gays.

I have several friends with that attitude who wouldn't go near anything green.

They all had piles before they were 35.

Good luck. :wave:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If you don't eat meat you may as well be wearing a bloody dress in my opinion.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I found that eating more vegetables made quite a good contribution to me being less of a fat git.

;)

Hasnt made any difference to my shape as I drink copius amounts of anything whether it be beer, coke or squash but very lttle tea and coffee perhaps 1 cup of each a day.

I prefer my veg shown to the boiling water and whipped out quick so they are very crunchy especially runner beans from my allotment which are my favourite.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have tended to eat more veg of late too. I am not sure it is because my student days are over so I have been looking for a more balanced diet, or whether it is because I just happen to have changed my shopping habits.

I ruddy love my veg though... cabbage, carrots, peas, mushrooms, peppers, green beans, runner beans... they are all fantastic - and all of them (with the exception of cabbage) are far better steamed.

As for my weight loss, I attribute it to no loger drinking excessively (I used to get wasted 3 times a week), more healthy eating, taking up rugby and going of three 2 mile runs a weeks between doing weights on my non rugby/running nights.

A carrott, today.

Attachments

• carotte.jpg
    carotte.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 153

larus

Non meat eaters live an average of 7 years longer than meat eaters.

As for "We've always eaten meat". Hmmm. On an evolutionary time-scale, we've mainly survived on nuts, berries, veg, seeds.

As for being macho, what a pathetic, narrow-minded view. But then again, that's only my opinion.

I prefer now to avoid as much meat as I can do, although I will eat it occasionally. I always feel more sluggish after eating meat, compared to after eating healthier foods.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Parsnip, sweetcorn, roast tatties, sprouts, swede, broad beans, lettuce, spring onions, runner beans, ALL are fine additions to my MEAT.

However, CUCUMBER can go screw itself, because it is VILE, and taints everything with its watery revoltingness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here