Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

eating at football?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So everyone should do the same as you?

Where did I say that? I was pointing out that Fef's observation that people have to eat at football grounds if they leave before lunch wasn't accurate. What people do at football grounds is up to them - although I am surprised at the number of people unable to go for a couple of hours without eating.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Really dont understand why this thread was created. People who go to footy normally have a beer or 2 and a burger or a pie. Its a choice you make. It's like saying why do you go eat in a restaurant when you have food at home ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
although I am surprised at the number of people unable to go for a couple of hours without eating.

So you believe some will have eaten at, say, 2:55pm immediately before the game and will then eat again at 4:55pm, immediately after the game as that's the only way people could go 'a couple of hours without eating' at the game. I suspect those who have followed this pattern will have little need to eat at the game.

For many, not grabbing something at the game will, in fact, mean going more like 10-11 hours without eating (breakfast at 9am, head towards the game with beers en route, leave the game getting home at 7pm to eat dinner at 8pm.).

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
So you believe some will have eaten at, say, 2:55pm immediately before the game and will then eat again at 4:55pm, immediately after the game as that's the only way people could go 'a couple of hours without eating' at the game. I suspect those who have followed this pattern will have little need to eat at the game.

For many, not grabbing something at the game will, in fact, mean going more like 10-11 hours without eating (breakfast at 9am, head towards the game with beers en route, leave the game getting home at 7pm to eat dinner at 8pm.).

Very much THIS /\

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
My coach picks me up from Southwater at 12.20pm and will then leave Falmer again to bring me home at approx. 5.30pm, so in fact that is more than five hours without food by my watch and as I am diabetic, are you going to pick me up off the floor when I pass out coz I've not had enough to eat and my blood sugars are too low? Hmmm?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Have you been awarding yourself reputation? How have you got four little green cards next to your name?

Or is it a case of people sucking up to the boss?

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Have you been awarding yourself reputation? How have you got four little green cards next to your name?

Or is it a case of people sucking up to the boss?

i gave him one because he approved my idea to use the rep system :D

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I didn't say people wouldn't eat all day - trips up to Carlisle or Newcastle would take 12 hours round trip, I'm not saying people don't eat. But most people have something to eat at lunchtime - not at 3.00 in the afternoon.

Like I said, it doesn't bother me where people eat but it's simply not true to say that people have to eat at the ground as there are no other options.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
pack lunch:moo: with fruit:thumbsup:

So if I pack lunch, and a cow with fruit, I'm still eating at a football match, aren't I?
What's the difference between me eating a lunch, a cow and fruit - or an Amex pie? (Apart from the size?)
Would the cow need to be a STH to get in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here