Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

eating at football?

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Probably because some of us leave from home before lunchtime, and get home after suppertime. Simples. Innit?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Tea out of a china cup and scones served with clotted cream and homemade jam should be standard fare at that time of day surely :D

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Probably because some of us leave from home before lunchtime, and get home after suppertime. Simples. Innit?

Doesn't really answer the question does it? I lived in London for 22 years so regularly left home at 12.00 to travel to Goldstone/Priestfield/Withdean yet I've never once eaten at a football ground. And going to away games can sometimes mean leaving at 7.00 in the morning (or earlier).

I really don't understand why people can't eat before going to a game, I go to watch football, not eat. For the same reason, I wouldn't expect football to be showing when I go to a restaurant.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Doesn't really answer the question does it? I lived in London for 22 years so regularly left home at 12.00 to travel to Goldstone/Priestfield/Withdean yet I've never once eaten at a football ground. And going to away games can sometimes mean leaving at 7.00 in the morning (or earlier).

I really don't understand why people can't eat before going to a game, I go to watch football, not eat. For the same reason, I wouldn't expect football to be showing when I go to a restaurant.

So everyone should do the same as you?

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009

What is the problem here ? If you choose not to eat at a football ground, then so be it. Don't. I respect your wish, and I'm not forcing you to do so. Your choice.

There are times when I do. My choice.

At Withdean, we used to have a meal in the Sportsman before the game - all part of the matchday ritual - but there were occasions when time dictated that we couldn't do that, so buying food in the stadium was an option.

At evening games, there's often not enough time between coming in from work and going off to football to have something to eat - so we get something at the stadium. Mrs Fef will sometimes insist that I have something to eat, as she tells me I become a grumpy old bugger when my blood sugar levels fall.
I think it's time for my elevensies.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A football stadium is a venue like any other. People go to the cinema, theatre, a concert etc and eat at a convenient location where the quality and choice available meets their needs and wants. If the football stadium can do that, particularly when it is "out in the sticks" and access and egress are likely to be lengthy processes, then why not?

Creating the Amex as a destination in its own right is something the club should be applauded for.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Why dont people have lunch before they leave and supper when they get home? Eating pies between 3pm and 5pm why?:moo:

As we are apparantly the only club that bakes pies on site we should enjoy them as im sure they are brilliant :rock:
If you dont want to buy any pies, crisps, chips, burgers, nuts, merchandise, programme, fanzines etc & want to sit there with your sandwiches its a free country :wave:
However I wonder in time I would presume you would only be able to eat food that was purchased on the premises :falmer:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It's the streams of people wandering down 5 mins before half time and coming back 10 mins after, getting in your way that will drive you nuts. I'm with Gwylan, but it's the same at the friggin cinema etc, can't people not eat for 2 hours?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think the real question is 'Why does anyone else give a shit if other people want to eat in football grounds?'

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It's the streams of people wandering down 5 mins before half time and coming back 10 mins after, getting in your way that will drive you nuts. I'm with Gwylan, but it's the same at the friggin cinema etc, can't people not eat for 2 hours?

Don't forget the 'hawkers' who will be up and down the aisle selling sweets and hot drinks! And we thought the metal barriers were going to obstruct the views!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here