Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easter - I dont get it

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Wasn't it in Star Trek or somewhere where they informed that the first page of the bible was missing - the one that stated all the characters in this book are purely fictional...

Last edited:

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
just received this by email I thought it was very apt.

Attachments

• !cid_image003.gif
    !cid_image003.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 74

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
17_1_26.gif' alt='Wood Cross'

Last edited:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
timco said:
Accept it Juan there are people who are free thinking radicals, who can think for themselves and don't have to read a book in order to think they understand what it is they are supposed to think.

I have no problem with people holding other opinions, Marv, I mean Timco, and I don't see anywhere where I have tried to convince you of anything I believe. I do, however, have a problem with those who spout opinions that are based on bogus information that has been learned from a tabloid.

Just facts, Marv, stick to the facts.

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
Christians Muslims Hary krishna Cliff Richards. any religion SHOOT THE FERKING LOT OF EM WARMONGERING WANKERS.
They are the evil that walk this world

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Juan Albion said:
I have no problem with people holding other opinions, Marv, I mean Timco, and I don't see anywhere where I have tried to convince you of anything I believe. I do, however, have a problem with those who spout opinions that are based on bogus information that has been learned from a tabloid.

Just facts, Marv, stick to the facts.

I have not got any opinion but from looking at the facts and making my own mind up Jaun. You may make your mind up on what you have been told I prefer to think for myself.

As to bogus information were you talking about you? I mean what is the bible but made up crap or BOGUS information.

I repeat, as you keep ignoring it or trying to make fun of it so you don't have to accept it as a fact, I have no problem with what anyone wants too believe. if you want to believe Teddy is God that is up to you (or not). But organised religion you can shove up your (by your not necessarily meaning you in particular but....) arse. It has done nothing but harm to the world, it has done nothing but harm to me personally.

I started with a fact, the Easter festival is one that was and is a pagan festival that the Christian religion has assimilated and corrupted to suit their own nefarious desires. Amazing isn't it that Easter Sunday and Christmas day fall smack in the middle of pagan festivals.

As to the other Christian festivals no idea what they are or when they are but if I do a bit of research on the date in a historical context I am sure I can come up with the real festival that the Christians nicked (or have you got a religious explanation for the pancake?)

As to marvin, I believe he is on holiday for a while as he is too busy for this crap. (or maybe you would like to point out the other characters I play on this board? there are more you know, marvin is just one of them)

But this is me, no wind-up and not a joke.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
sullyupthewing said:
Christians Muslims Hary krishna Cliff Richards. any religion SHOOT THE FERKING LOT OF EM WARMONGERING WANKERS.
They are the evil that walk this world

Shooting them might be too good,wouldn't a cross or something be better ?

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
Should have let Roberts crucify Jesus......

..... He's Shit scared of crosses!

Juan Albion

timco said:

I started with a fact, the Easter festival is one that was and is a pagan festival that the Christian religion has assimilated and corrupted to suit their own nefarious desires. Amazing isn't it that Easter Sunday and Christmas day fall smack in the middle of pagan festivals.

That's funny because I thought Easter moved around each year. But go on, tell us more. Dig a deeper hole. And, you know, I would be very interested to know what parts of a pagan festival Easter has assimilated. Examples please.

And I will repeat to you, what has the fact that 1700 years ago they picked a date for Christmas that in some places was already a pagan festival got to do with anything?

As for saying that Christianity has only done the world harm - utter crap. You simply don't know what you are talking about.

Timco -

I'm puzzled about one thing.

What is this "pagan religion" that you speak of?

Is it the paganism that was dreamt up by a bunch of hippies in the early 1970s?

Or is it the equally made up nonsense that Sir James Frazer invented in the late nineteenth century when he wrote The Golden Bough?

Or do you have a third version?

Whatever, you seem to believe that real people once went in for it in a big way.

Where's the evidence that there ever was a "pagan religion"?

Last edited:

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Juan Albion said:
As for saying that Christianity has only done the world harm - utter crap. You simply don't know what you are talking about.

Go on pick the bits that suit and misquote.

Read it again and this time read it right.

Organised religion does not just mean Christianity, there are others you know.

As to examples, go back to the first link I gave you. Its a site of believers trying to convince other believers why they as true Christians should not celebrate Easter.

Go read it.

I notice you have not been able to tell me the dates of the list of celebrations, Is it cos, like the majority of people, you don't actually know without looking them up? nor have you got an explanation for pancakes.

LB I did not describe paganism as a religion, it as I understand it is a spiritual belief, just as a belief in god is. It's as much hooey as any other spiritual belief as far as I am concerned. And any organised collection of it is as useless as other organised collections (organised religons) and hopefully they will be with the consultants and administrators the first on the Ark, oops slipping into marvin...

it is however the name that has been given to what was being celebrated at the time that Christianity started to pollute this country. I did not name it as such and I would not have any other name for it, but it does help peoples understanding of it. Or would you prefer I said heathen devil worshiping celebrations?

Juan Albion

timco said:
Go on pick the bits that suit and misquote.

Read it again and this time read it right.

Organised religion does not just mean Christianity, there are others you know.

Poor logic, there, Marv. Christianity is an organized religion and so by saying 'organized religion' you have, by definition, included Christianity. If, as I suggest, Christianity has certainly done the world plenty of good, your statement is bogus. Simple as that. QED. Therefore my statement was perfectly valid.

I notice you have not been able to tell me the dates of the list of celebrations, Is it cos, like the majority of people, you don't actually know without looking them up? nor have you got an explanation for pancakes.
[/QUOTE]

Marv, the dates I gave you are all dependent on the date of Easter, which is variable (gee, those seasons must be inconsistent as well!). Therefore there is no set date for them. Which is strange given that you tell me that Easter is based on some pagan festival date...

And even junior school kids know that pancakes are the old tradition of using up the things that Catholics believed weren't meant to be eaten during Lent. Someone already said that, I think.

And still waiting for the bits of paganism that are assimilated into Easter. Hurry up, please, I need to know, so that I can make sure I take them out of my sermon for Sunday. :lolol:

BTW, I could refer you to a website run by football hooligans. Would you base your judgement of football fans based on their website? ? :dunce:

Last edited:

Juan Albion picked up on my thought ( I've arrived a bit late to the thread so forgive me if I repeat),
BUT what I don't get is Christmas was when he was born and as far as I can make out, that's 25 th December every year, right?!
So, if he dies on a set date why does that move around every year?
I'm sure that when I die (if anyone notices at all) they certainly won't remember the anniversary on some different obscure date a month and a half either way !
What's that all about?
For Falmer's Sake !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here