Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easter - I dont get it

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
well as long as they have the cider wing like last year I'm sure she'll be there . . . .I wont make it home otherwise !!!

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Sorry to butt in here.

Anyone really interested in this subject should read this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...0176/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/202-2415693-9273426

It's a pretty good book on both the development of organised religion in England and the surprising survival of pre christian beliefs well into the 16th and 17th Centuries.

Christianity was not necessarily the all powerful force in the middle ages that history would have you believe...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
[
Christianity was not necessarily the all powerful force in the middle ages that history would have you believe... [/B][/QUOTE]

probably because its brain washing bollocks and people saw through it even then ! :lolol:

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Even more so then as people couldn't necessarily read or speak latin (the language of the Bible). The Catholic church was there more as a disciplinary and financial body than a religious leader.

People believed all sorts of stuff, and the obvious corruption of the church didn't incline them towards organised religion.

In the 13th Century in Southern France a man was burned because every day for ten years, on his way to work, he'd stop and piss against the wall of the church. One of my heroes...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
ha ha ha ha . . . .Cider wing . . . . . .I guess a female version of Brown bottle from Viz. just the one wing mind, and rather prone to veering of at angles and bumping into things :lolol:

quality post Staly :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here