Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand in it's glory....

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I took loads of pics of it..it's going to look even better on the night of the Cardiff game. :)

Attachments

• P1090006.JPG
    P1090006.JPG
    857.8 KB · Views: 579

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was looking last Saturday and the two ends do seem a bit strange with the single row of seats in front of what I can only assume are disabled sections. But what are the rooms behind for.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Looks fantastic- even more so when it's full.

I do wonder how Amex will make up for the lack of branding inside the stadium now that humungous banner has gone from the east stand.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
It would look so much better if the second tier continued to the length of the pitch, looks immense though.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I was looking last Saturday and the two ends do seem a bit strange with the single row of seats in front of what I can only assume are disabled sections. But what are the rooms behind for.

Disabled toilets and food outlets I think.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
estadio+do+dragao.jpg

427029_387269608007684_457686595_n.jpg

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
It really is looking fantastic though I must admit to being somewhat nervous about it being finished in time for the start of the season - particularly the south rather than the east (though the most recent photo of the east upper concourse also looks like there's LOTS of work still to do). Assuming that is is all finished, though, I think it's the right decision to bring forward the work at the north end of the ground as the north stand is going to look quite isolated now that the other stands are all joined up. But yeah, looking great.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
TBH doesn't look as good as the initial plans without the side bits. Still won't complain too much still looks MINT overall :)

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

I'm on the ledge at the north end. The rooms as you call them, are disabled areas, the have a platform and their rooms are wheelchair access toilets and their own kiosks. I wonder how it's gonna work if there is no one occupying those platforms? 'Sorry we can't serve you at this kiosk because you're using your legs'.
Yes you would assume that if it were not occupied Azure would not be silly enough to open them, but who knows?

And the ledges have 3 rows.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Do we currently have disabled supporters in the WSU?

Im assuming that there are very few clubs that offer elevated seating to disabled supporters, so although it might look shit(not as good) I'm proud that we are doing it because I think the club received a bit of stick over the car parking for disabled supporters last season.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Wont be in all it's glory until it is full up and loud.

bristo

Apr 8, 2010
East Preston
Looks fantastic- even more so when it's full.

I do wonder how Amex will make up for the lack of branding inside the stadium now that humungous banner has gone from the east stand.

The guide on my stadium tour last week said the banner is going to be put in the SE corner.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Do we currently have disabled supporters in the WSU?

Im assuming that there are very few clubs that offer elevated seating to disabled supporters, so although it might look shit(not as good) I'm proud that we are doing it because I think the club received a bit of stick over the car parking for disabled supporters last season.

You are right, but I think there is legislation now that all clubs provide an elevated area for disabled people.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Still think the seagull in ESU looks in the wrong place...

I know in another thread someone said these were not confirmed postions yet, but surely they not gonna start moving the seating around now ?????

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Still think the seagull in ESU looks in the wrong place...

I know in another thread someone said these were not confirmed postions yet, but surely they not gonna start moving the seating around now ?????

I wouldn't be surprised if the Seagull in the lower tier is moved out of the new away section and more towards the middle of that tier ?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
It's not until you are in the ground that you appreciate how big ESU actually is, the various photo's i've seen of it don't do it justice in that respect. For some reason i thought it was going to be a 'small' tier on the East, but sitting in the North on Tuesday it actually looks bigger than WSU, anyone know the various capacities?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here