Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand in it's glory....

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
It's not until you are in the ground that you appreciate how big ESU actually is, the various photo's i've seen of it don't do it justice in that respect. For some reason i thought it was going to be a 'small' tier on the East, but sitting in the North on Tuesday it actually looks bigger than WSU, anyone know the various capacities?

I may be wrong but I believe the ESU holds nearly 4000 ?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It's not until you are in the ground that you appreciate how big ESU actually is, the various photo's i've seen of it don't do it justice in that respect. For some reason i thought it was going to be a 'small' tier on the East, but sitting in the North on Tuesday it actually looks bigger than WSU, anyone know the various capacities?

I think its around 4500 in the WSU and 3200 in the ESU

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
TBH doesn't look as good as the initial plans without the side bits. Still won't complain too much still looks MINT overall :)

There aren't any initial plans without the 'side bits', the original expansion plans that were in the Southampton programme had the gaps for the disabled balcony, it just wasn't clear as there wasn't a single wide angled photo of the entire stand, if you piece them together you can see that this was always the plan.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Disabled toilets and food outlets I think.

I'm on the ledge at the north end. The rooms as you call them, are disabled areas, the have a platform and their rooms are wheelchair access toilets and their own kiosks. I wonder how it's gonna work if there is no one occupying those platforms? 'Sorry we can't serve you at this kiosk because you're using your legs'.
Yes you would assume that if it were not occupied Azure would not be silly enough to open them, but who knows?

And the ledges have 3 rows.

:thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There aren't any initial plans without the 'side bits', the original expansion plans that were in the Southampton programme had the gaps for the disabled balcony, it just wasn't clear as there wasn't a single wide angled photo of the entire stand, if you piece them together you can see that this was always the plan.

OK sorry, I meant the 'plans' or 'mock ups' people did on here that's all. I can now see why they can't leave the disabled bit in the SW corner to be fair so understand the need for a move and think it's brilliant that disabled supporters are offered a good view etc...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here