Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand 1901 Club - where is the area which was set aside for the supporters bar?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not bothered about ale in the slightest personally, but I'm sure they'll cater for all tastes. I hope they do Kronie or San Miguel.

In my minds eye, I'm hoping to see a couple of bars that are kind of like the ones you have at airport terminals. Large open-sided entrances, nice and spacious to accomodate the numbers, lots of tables and chairs, carpetted like in a pub, and loads of tellyboxes hanging from the ceiling showing Sky Sports and some Albion stuff such as goal highlights, the team lineups, interviews etc. Oh and GLASS glasses, none of that plastic rubbish.

That would make me happy.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i think if the club said they were going to do this, after consulting the fans, they jolly well should do it!

this seems a bit ironic considering the thread on german football. surely the vast majority of fans would prefer our club to be the sort of club that gifts the fans a supporters bar area (even if you've no intention of using it) than extra stadium space to corporate guests?

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
and realistic prices to boot ???

Of course.

German stadia, in the main, are excellent.

Super quick service - it's cashless - decent beer, bratwurst etc. Even the seats fold up for safe terracing.

Only crap thing is adverts on the big screens - during the game.

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010
i think if the club said they were going to do this, after consulting the fans, they jolly well should do it!

this seems a bit ironic considering the thread on german football. surely the vast majority of fans would prefer our club to be the sort of club that gifts the fans a supporters bar area (even if you've no intention of using it) than extra stadium space to corporate guests?

But corporate season ticket holders are still fans are they not? So, either way this area is for supporters.....it just happens that it will now be wealthy ones.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
While I sort of agree with your sentiment, the difference is that Ashburton Grove et al has consumers, not supporters.

Without Albion supporters, there wouldn't be a ground, or a club. If 10,000 people decide to stop going to 'the Emriates', there's another 10,000 gullible idiots waiting to fill their place.

We don't have that luxury. There are plenty of areas in the stadium to have a beer but I do hope we stock some decent stuff, and not pisswater.

Hopefully, all the bars will feel like a proper supporters' area.

Exactly like you say, there are enough areas to have a beer and if the beer is to everyones taste I dont see a problem.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is we must stop this "village" thinking.

I like it that we are now thinking BIG. If having some more corporates means that we dont have a supporters bar then so what?

Isnt it something like a £1m PROFIT a game is made by Arsenal from corporates ALONE. Its a bigger stadium granted so more corporate spaces BUT thats where the money is, like it or lump it.

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010

I like it that we are now thinking BIG. If having some more corporates means that we dont have a supporters bar then so what?

Isnt it something like a £1m PROFIT a game is made by Arsenal from corporates ALONE. Its a bigger stadium granted so more corporate spaces BUT thats where the money is, like it or lump it.

Tony Bloom is thinking BIG, hence scrapping the supporters bar and converting it into a corp hospitality lounge. It stands to reason that a corp guest's spend will be a lot more than a regular supporter. Half of them probably wont even bother with the football and will just spend their time getting leathered...and spending even more money.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004

You don't have to sell your soul to make money.

I want us to be sustainable. I don't care if we make a million pound a game.

To me, it's about belonging, pride, togetherness and spirit. f*** all this money talk.

Let's get as far as we can by being a proper football club.

Ultimately, that surely has to be the whole point of the game?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bring on the corporates, I say.

If their CASH bankrolls a better team for the rest of us to watch, from our perfectly adequate seats, and eulogise over at half time in our perfectly adequate concourse bars, then I welcome them with open arms.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I suppose one advantage we do have is that a sizeable chunk of our corporates are fans first, 'corporate' types second.

I don't think we'll have an Arsenal middle tier scenario at Falmer.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bring on the corporates, I say.

If their CASH bankrolls a better team for the rest of us to watch, from our perfectly adequate seats, and eulogise over at half time in our perfectly adequate concourse bars, then I welcome them with open arms.

....and legs?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hear hear.

We kept the club going in times of stress to bask in the glory of one day bringing Man Utd and Arsenal etc to the ground on a regular basis.

If we dont want that then lets stay at Withdean forever having our Villa scarves and Donny love ins.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I suppose one advantage we do have is that a sizeable chunk of our corporates are fans first, 'corporate' types second.

I don't think we'll have an Arsenal middle tier scenario at Falmer.

Exactly.

But our more wealthier fans will want Corporate style facilities such is the way of the world.

Being honest if I could afford it I would.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
What better time to sell 400 - or even 1000 - extra corporate seats than right now? Let's take advantage of our league position and the vivid imagination of the punters who'll be expecting Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea in 2 years time.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
What better time to sell 400 - or even 1000 - extra corporate seats than right now? Let's take advantage of our league position and the vivid imagination of the punters who'll be expecting Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea in 2 years time.

I agree with that.

I just don't want money to become the overriding factor.

Football at the top stinks in this country, absolutely reeks.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
If as part of the brewing rights they serve real ale in the concourse bars then no problem. IF as Isuspect, thiswill be classed as too problematic then it will be a self inflicted gun shot wound.

As I understand it, one of the main opponents of such a bar was a club employee recently heavily criticised on here and who has thrown his toys out of the pram. Any coincidence?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
IF as Isuspect, thiswill be classed as too problematic then it will be a self inflicted gun shot wound.

Why will it be 'a self inflicted...'?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So because they dont serve Harveys there may be about a dozen people who will get annoyed. How is this self inflicted? Corporates will outweigh ANY amount they spend ten to one.

There are other watering holes in town and probably the swan who do serve it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So because they dont serve Harveys there may be about a dozen people who will get annoyed. How is this self inflicted? Corporates will outweigh ANY amount they spend ten to one.

There are other watering holes in town and probably the swan who do serve it.

And can you imagine the scenes when someone is tanked up on lager, desperate for more, and stuck behind a bearded type who is going through that lengthy ritual of 'examining' his pint before agreeing to purchase it? There'll only be one outcome and it will involve someone with a beard and sandles sparko on their back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here