Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Central Brasserie

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's a real shame they have set the prices so high, a real shame

To be fair, they're aiming at fine dining. Hopefully the food will be REALLY good. Don't forget there'll be food in the supporters' bar too, as well as the concourses.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
To be fair, they're aiming at fine dining. Hopefully the food will be REALLY good. Don't forget there'll be food in the supporters' bar too, as well as the concourses.

Fine dining

Bangers and mash and fish and chips ok mate!

It's overpriced pure and simple. I have no doubt it will be popular though.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Fine dining

Bangers and mash and fish and chips ok mate!

It's overpriced pure and simple. I have no doubt it will be popular though.
Any food can be fine dining if cooked well with good ingredients, pleasant surroundings and good service.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...It's overpriced pure and simple. I have no doubt it will be popular though.

You seem confused. Which one is it? Overpriced or popular (which would suggest the pricing is OK for the product, location and intended market) ?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I expect it'll start off popular (lots of people happy to splash out on something new) and will either keep going or decline depending on word of mouth. From what TLO said it would seem it won't fail for lack of quality.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With 20,000 Albion fans coming along there will be over 800 birthdays every fortnight.

These places should do well from celebratory meals if nothing else.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The menu does not read as fine dining, and the prices are not at fine dining levels. It looks like a menu from a decent pub but at above pub prices. I have no doubt it is good quality though, but without trying it, it is difficult to say if it is worth the money or not. It's certainly not aimed at the "chips with curry sauce" football fan. That's no criticism, just an observation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wonder if they will serve/sell the cheese platter seperately? I'd like to delve into one of them at half-time.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I don't see how people can moan about the prices, just like with the bar prices. This is not a cheap ass pub round the corner, it's the fancy catering in our fancy new stadium. You always pay a premium for eating and drinking inside a stadium.

Most of us will probably be happy with the occasional pie/burger and a pint although really does everyone feel the need to sit down and eat at every home game? I hardly think so.

Save the sit down restaurant meal for the odd treat and then you're less likely to begrudge paying the price. It's not like it's ludicrously over the top and of course it's going to be infinitely better quality than what we've been used to.

Some people really will moan at anything.

I personally look forward to giving it a try, although it won't be part of my regular matchday experience

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
...and The Ivy do a good shepherd's pie. So?

The ivy is hardly fine dining either, it's pretty much browns with a celeb clientele ... Btw the Ivys set menu is 21.75 2 courses, 26.25 3 courses and that is one of the most recognisable names in the world ! (granted it's not available all day)

Regardless, still think it will do well And the demand will be there. just don't like the way football clubs are so quick to over charge their fans.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
The pricing is around the same at the ginger man restaurants it should be cheaper after all the menu is akin to good pub grubb ,but dont forget azure have to give the Albion 25% of the profit back .Its the same for every item sold so it will always be a tad pricey. By the way im sure the food at the St Georges Day bash was good as its only tasting menus the crunch come when their doing it for 500 covers on the day ,look foward to hearing about the food service ect after the event hope all bodes well for a decient venue that doesnt serve up the dross you get at the Grand or Metropole hotels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here