Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E cash top up

james

May 14, 2004
Lindfield
£50 paid onto card but after taking my money my computer just kept opening new windows saying I had paid. Anyone else have that problem? I am sure its just a few teething problems like the new loyalty points issues everyone seemed ot have when it first went live and the club will sort it all out soon - they have had a bit to do lately! Roll on Saturday!!!!!!!

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Just to reconfirm the random 'loyalty points' figure on the e-cash site - it tells me that I have 1250, though I only have 1000 on my online ticketing account (having made no purchases through either as yet). So I wouldn't read too much into the e-cash loyalty information or any changes it's suggesting.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
How about yours ?

I thought to load £30 on to my (not so) smartcard which it quite happily accepted and which, on first access, stated "no password required , no need to input one ! " BUT, on going in to check what I had done, surprisingly 'having no password' I could not verify my arrangements as previous screens had not requested any password be set. ?

Anyone else had that scenario ?

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I thought to load £30 on to my (not so) smartcard which it quite happily accepted and which, on first access, stated "no password required , no need to input one ! " BUT, on going in to check what I had done, surprisingly 'having no password' I could not verify my arrangements as previous screens had not requested any password be set. ?

At least you managed to get in to load money to your card! I still can't get in with or without a password!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
At least you managed to get in to load money to your card! I still can't get in with or without a password!

When you go in to load funds it says "if this is your first visit no password required ?? So on going in, as one would, to check that one's transaction has updated, you cannot 'get in' because you have no password ! Perhaps oh yes it must be me being stupid, but then again perhaps no !!

Supposed I am pleased I did not put in a ton or more.

Last edited:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I was asked to set a password on the first screen after initially logging in.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
£50 paid onto card but after taking my money my computer just kept opening new windows saying I had paid. Anyone else have that problem? I am sure its just a few teething problems like the new loyalty points issues everyone seemed ot have when it first went live and the club will sort it all out soon - they have had a bit to do lately! Roll on Saturday!!!!!!!

Very frustrating! Same happened for me. I had to kill the process as it was just opening window after window each saying the same thing. Mooney went on though and after closing around 30 IE windows I was more than happy!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

As I paid and click continue or whatever it said the window closed completely and I have to re-open and log in again to make sure the cash had gone in

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Does anybody know if we will be able to link cards together, I don't really want to put cash on three different cards but also don't want to always have to go and use my card. For example if I sent my wife to get me a pie I guess they would insist on her using her card to pay and not accept mine in her hands.

Actually this opens up another point, if somebody drops their card, it will not be difficult for whoever finds it to clear the balance on beer and pies as its not as if you need a pin or anything.

murraymint

Aug 13, 2008
I have logged in for the first time and have collected 10 card loyalty points without actually doing anything. Has everyone had this?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
When you go in to load funds it says "if this is your first visit no password required ?? So on going in, as one would, to check that one's transaction has updated, you cannot 'get in' because you have no password ! Perhaps oh yes it must be me being stupid, but then again perhaps no !!

Supposed I am pleased I did not put in a ton or more.

It says no password required on the first screen because you don't yet have one. The system then prompts you to choose and confirm a suitable password. It sounds to me like either this screen just passed you by or something's gone funny.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Actually this opens up another point, if somebody drops their card, it will not be difficult for whoever finds it to clear the balance on beer and pies as its not as if you need a pin or anything.

But we're all Albion fans. Surely nobody would be so low as to steal from a fellow fan in the stadium. Maybe I'm being sentimental here but I know I couldn't do it, whereas a tenner in the street would probably end up in my pocket. Seriously, you don't steal from your own

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For example if I sent my wife to get me a pie I guess they would insist on her using her card to pay and not accept mine in her hands.

I don't imagine that would be a problem. I don't see the point in introducing the smart card system and then having to check every time somoene uses it if they are the person named on the card. I would have thought it was a simple swipe your own card across a read thing.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I tried to use my card to buy the new home shirt today, I pulled it out and pressed it against the reader - it came up with my name and the balance. However the girl behind the counter didn't know what to do next, so she rang someone up and they said it wouldn't be working 'til saturday.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Loaded OK - quite simple if you read the instructions properly on fan number and smart card number, when logged on just enter a password.

Surprised to find 10 e-pages after completion, but only took the cash from my debit card once.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here