Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Durham v Sussex at Chester-le-Street, Jul 31-Aug 3

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Time we dropped Wright, he's a bloody liability.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Its a bleedin nightmare, does anyone know where the best place is to see an up to date table (realtime even better) so I can work myself up over relegation.

Am I right in thinking only two go down this year. I am worried about so many games being played in September that may be rain affected we need a couple of wins. Horsham may be a key game.

This battling performaece though is rank. Over 250 behind and following on we may need some rain or an inspired Goodwin to bat through to Monday night.

Lunch

Durham 473/4d

Sussex 205/8 (66.4 ov)

Sussex trail by 268 runs with 2 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
LUNCH: Sussex 205-8 (66.5) Two balls before lunch and Yardy is run out for 97. He played a ball from Blackwell behind square on the leg side and is called through for a single by non-striker Rayner. Always looked tight and Benkenstein's direct hit beat his desperate dive to the non-striker's end. If I were Rayner I would stay well clear of the captain for a bit - that was a brainless bit of cricket, especially in the last over before lunch. So Sussex have lost 7 for 76 this morning and will almost certainly be following on some time in the afternoon.

Its a bleedin nightmare, does anyone know where the best place is to see an up to date table (realtime even better) so I can work myself up over relegation.
Points Table | County Cricket 2009 | Cricinfo.com

As things stand at this minute (with the bonus points for this game included, together with most of the bonus points from other games), we are in seventh position in the table, four points above Yorkshire.

Yorkshire seem to be on track to get no more points from their game against Lancashire (although, potentially they could get a few more bowling points - and a draw for Yorkshire would then lift them above us).

Sixth placed Warwickshire could easily win their current game and leave a big points gap above us in the table.

Things look GRIM. At the very least, we need to find a way of scraping a draw out of this match.

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
Well at lest it will go into a 4th day, if we dont lose these last 5 2nd inns wickets.

Looks like we will have to make a couple of changes at horsham next week, But who will it be i believe RMJ must be brought back into the team and collymore to open the bowling,play Beer and may be tempted to bring back D Smith for Lewry,

I also believe goodwin should be left out of the team and bring in RHB, some thing has to be done and fast otherwise i can see us in Div 2 next year.

I most proberly will be hang drawn and quartered for saying drop Goodwin but at times things have to change

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here