Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duplicate NSC Accounts - who has them, and why?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
why should people have to ask? for what purpose does someone need 2 accounts on NSC unless its for mischief? I had one called Agent Taylor when peter Taylor was manager of palace, a parody but no malice.

Even more pertinent, why protect someone whos using an account to anonymously abuse and harrass another poster? If they haven't got the guts to post with their "Known" account why protect them?

You think my reply was serious?

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Mine was a genuine reason..........changed computor/email and forgot password only to remember original later....so cannot see the problem. others must have had the same problem or can we thickies not post on our beloved forum???

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'd miss BHADebenhams posts if all dupes where done away with.
Banned users posting under if different name is another matter.
"Bozza Test User" how did you come up with that one :p

D

Deleted member 2719

The simple matter of fact that vBulletin does not provide a single click 'find duplicate user' function for administrators. To the best of my knowledge no other forum software does either.

So, to try and stop dribbling mentalist Looney ranting on...

- We do not encourage multiple accounts on NSC
- Technically we do not allow them
- (Like most forums) there is not much we can do about them

However we do have plenty of tools available to try and detect duplicate account if we have need to investigate particular user(s) either from our own observations or from a tip off. When we find them we will either ban the duplicate account or, my preferred approach, merge the accounts together. This can have quite humorous results because, for example, it then becomes very clear if someone was talking to themselves using two accounts they controlled.

We think very, very dimly of users with a posting ban in place who go on to open another user account to post on NSC during the period of their ban.

Firing squad Bozza there is NO other way out of it.:guns::guns::guns:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Changing your email address does though

As long as you remember your username and password it doesn't matter what NSC thinks is your email address, but it's good form to update it.

Not least because should you forget your password it's difficult to validate you are who you say you are.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
I have 1 or 2 from when my account just stopped working for no known reason, the suddenly start working again, but they're never logged into or anything when they're not needed.

My brother has an account on here so don't get confused admins! :thumbsup:

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
As long as you remember your username and password it doesn't matter what NSC thinks is your email address, but it's good form to update it.

Not least because should you forget your password it's difficult to validate you are who you say you are.

Ok ok Bozza if you want to make an example of someone i will put myself forward...........so who are you going to eradicate? Webbyson or *Gullsworth*

sniff sniff:lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Blimey, I reckon NSC has only got about 12 members...

Seagull64

Sep 22, 2008
who-cares.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I used to post as Matthornybastardo a long long time ago. But don't think the account still exists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here