Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duplicate NSC Accounts - who has them, and why?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Who are these schizo types with two or more accounts, and why do they do it?

I posted as Caesar Salad for about 1 day, as I had been away from NSC for about 2 years and forgotten my password, so I started a new account. But then I remembered my old password again.

Aldridge Prior

Aug 3, 2010
I've got 73, but I need them for my job.

I work for MI6. And I have worked for the CIA in the past.

I foiled an assassination attempt on the queen once.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Who are these schizo types with two or more accounts, and why do they do it?

I posted as Caesar Salad for about 1 day, as I had been away from NSC for about 2 years and forgotten my password, so I started a new account. But then I remembered my old password again.

Snap.....i did the very same thing, hence Webbyson turned into *Gullsworth*:mad: or was it the other way round:thumbsup:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
HseagullsH has THOUSANDS.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Would be great if Bozza posted them all up on NSC one day. :lolol:

normal rob 2

Nov 3, 2005
Wow - I think that I set this one up years ago when i did a similar thing. I forgot that it existed. This will be Normal Rob 2s first and last ever post.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
They are used for trolling and abusing people anonymously. Most sites ban them.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Incorrect. There are probably a couple in my IP as family members of mine use NSC :thumbsup:

:laugh:

Next you'll be telling me Nacho Novo is Catholic.

I admit I have a 'duplicate' account, but it has less than 100 posts.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Ask me nicely.......and just maybe............ :safeway2:

why should people have to ask? for what purpose does someone need 2 accounts on NSC unless its for mischief? I had one called Agent Taylor when peter Taylor was manager of palace, a parody but no malice.

Even more pertinent, why protect someone whos using an account to anonymously abuse and harrass another poster? If they haven't got the guts to post with their "Known" account why protect them?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
yonkers and yonkers ago I seem to remember registering a "pasty_at_work" username because of some odd firewall thing going on at work, but never used it.

D

Deleted member 2719

I always thought people who had more than one username was cos they pissed off too many people under one name or had lost too many debates and basically ducked for cover.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The simple matter of fact that vBulletin does not provide a single click 'find duplicate user' function for administrators. To the best of my knowledge no other forum software does either.

So, to try and stop dribbling mentalist Looney ranting on...

- We do not encourage multiple accounts on NSC
- Technically we do not allow them
- (Like most forums) there is not much we can do about them

However we do have plenty of tools available to try and detect duplicate account if we have need to investigate particular user(s) either from our own observations or from a tip off. When we find them we will either ban the duplicate account or, my preferred approach, merge the accounts together. This can have quite humorous results because, for example, it then becomes very clear if someone was talking to themselves using two accounts they controlled.

We think very, very dimly of users with a posting ban in place who go on to open another user account to post on NSC during the period of their ban.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bozza. If "Pasty_at_work" or whatever it was I called it still exists, feel free to delete it :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here