Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dunk to Chelsea?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A possibility yes but if we were where Southampton are on 28 points people would not be as worried as they are today and we have a winnable game on Tuesday to put Bournemouth even further behind us and us on 28.
A poor performance and we lose to Bournemouth then I may start to agree.
But there is a long way to go yet and the chance to bring in a couple of new players.

I'm not at all sure that the game at Bournemouth on Tuesday evening is any more winnable than yesterday's home game with Villa was. We have a terrible recent record at Dean Court.

As for bringing in new players, somethning tells me that we won't be doing any incoming business at all, certainly not on players who can make an appreciable difference between now and the end of the season anyway. I hope l'm wrong.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Wasn’t his best (or worst) performance yesterday

Had wondered if he wasn’t giving 100% to protect himself from injury, head turned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I'm not at all sure that the game at Bournemouth on Tuesday evening is any more winnable than yesterday's home game with Villa was. We have a terrible recent record at Dean Court.

As for bringing in new players, somethning tells me that we won't be doing any incoming business at all, certainly not on players who can make an appreciable difference between now and the end of the season anyway. I hope l'm wrong.

I hope you are wrong too, but you are right about our record at Dean Court and Bournemouth always seem to raise their game against us.
But we have already taken them apart and they really are in very poor form with many injuries.
Never a better time to play them and on a better pitch.
A lackluster performance and a defeat will tell us something is wrong, out of form, knackered or wrong tactics and selection from Potter.
The players should be pissed off that we did not beat Villa but that is 3 poor performances in a row.
Tuesday will be a litmus test.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
That is the perpetual argument made by clubs that subsequently hit financial difficulties when the inevitable eventually happens. That is not the financial model that Bloom is following or will ever follow. He is looking for a sustainable business. I am a big supporter of the Bloom way.

One thing is 100% certain. The lower wage payers are always nearer the bottom of the table and usually go down eventually. We will have to up the average bill soon or we are never going to get mid table mediocrity let alone the target top 10.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I hope you are wrong too, but you are right about our record at Dean Court and Bournemouth always seem to raise their game against us.
But we have already taken them apart and they really are in very poor form with many injuries.
Never a better time to play them and on a better pitch.
A lackluster performance and a defeat will tell us something is wrong, out of form, knackered or wrong tactics and selection from Potter.
The players should be pissed off that we did not beat Villa but that is 3 poor performances in a row.
Tuesday will be a litmus test.

A lacklustre performance and a defeat, against the club stinking out the PL just now, would mean we’re heading in one direction.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I guess there are always those that say you can't have a "must win" in January, and I'd agree, but any of these four fixtures (alas the Villa opportunity has now passed) are mustn't lose, the Villa one was there for the taking, hugely disappointed we didn't kill the game off in the first half. To lose at BMuff would be disastrous, to draw would be another disappointment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here