Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dunk to Chelsea?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
https://www.thebluestands.com/2020/01/brighton-boss-graham-potter-rules-out.html?m=1

Headline isn't quite backed up by the text but..................

Brighton boss Graham Potter rules out selling Lewis Dunk to Chelsea
January 17, 2020

Brighton head coach Graham Potter has spoken out on Lewis Dunk's transfer link to Chelsea.

The 28-year-old centre-back has been linked with a £50m move to Stamford Bridge, but his manager is adamant he's going nowhere.

I have really enjoyed working with Lewis as a footballer and as a person. He is really important for us, and we are really happy that he is with us,” Potter said.

“January is always a little bit different to every other month if we are being honest. “There is always a lot going on, a lot of talk from you guys (media) questions and interest.

“The window is open so there are more things going on in that regard but that is normal we know that is the case. When the window is open there is always more talk other than the football.”

Written by Vince [MENTION=21466]Blue[/MENTION]_footy

reading too much into this but why use of the past tense why not say I enjoy working with Lewis. The past tense implies just that.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
reading too much into this but why use of the past tense why not say I enjoy working with Lewis. The past tense implies just that.

It's not past tense tho, is it. It's shorthand for 'I have enjoyed working with Lewis since I've been here'. Think we'd be risking an asset to be sold for £40M in the next fortnight against the cloggers of Villa yesterday? Don't think so somehow.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's not past tense tho, is it. It's shorthand for 'I have enjoyed working with Lewis since I've been here'. Think we'd be risking an asset to be sold for £40M in the next fortnight against the cloggers of Villa yesterday? Don't think so somehow.

Technically speaking, it's the present perfect, a form that refers to a time that began in the past and includes the present. It implies "and I still enjoy working with him."

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Interesting. The named writer was a student on the University of Brighton's sports journalism degree course two years ago when I was a visiting lecturer. It is amazingly impressive that he could possibly have developed a sufficiently sophisticated network of contacts since then to know what a secretive organisation such as Chelsea intend to do. Either that or he was just repeating a rumour.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Perhaps you have to compare it to the loss if we get relegated.

That is the perpetual argument made by clubs that subsequently hit financial difficulties when the inevitable eventually happens. That is not the financial model that Bloom is following or will ever follow. He is looking for a sustainable business. I am a big supporter of the Bloom way.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
So am I but relegation looks very ominous and a possibility.

A possibility yes but if we were where Southampton are on 28 points people would not be as worried as they are today and we have a winnable game on Tuesday to put Bournemouth even further behind us and us on 28.
A poor performance and we lose to Bournemouth then I may start to agree.
But there is a long way to go yet and the chance to bring in a couple of new players.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A possibility yes but if we were where Southampton are on 28 points people would not be as worried as they are today and we have a winnable game on Tuesday to put Bournemouth even further behind us and us on 28.
A poor performance and we lose to Bournemouth then I may start to agree.
But there is a long way to go yet and the chance to bring in a couple of new players.
Villa v Watford on Tuesday as well - and they both can't win !

We need to beat Bournemouth - and then we have either pulled away by 2 points from both of them, or by 3 points on one of them.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Easy Batashuiya and Tomori plus £10m and they can have him.

Agreed, Dunky very good player though he undoubtably isn't is,t one of the true greats, whilst Fkmayo Tomori with time on his side, may well turn out to be. Batshuai on the other hand could well weigh in with quite a few goals.

Problem solved.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If I wake up to a completely ****ed world in February where I hear, over and over again, ‘Dunk’s ability to find Zaha with penetrating cross field passes is the reason behind Chelsea’s resurgence’ ,I may as well give up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here