Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk or El Abd?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
So, when the bald one is ready to come back, do you shake up a winning combination and give Kebab his place place back or do you stick with Dunk?

(Or Elphick?)

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
wow its so tricky but i think dunk :eek: good for him to get the experience now to allow him to grow! El Abd has his work cut out when he returns

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
Hard question depends on form, i mean 2 goals conceded in the last 3 games and one was a penalty, that is a convincing record so far so atm i say stick with Dunk.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Dunk is growing by the game, he's big and strong and young and he is playing the Gus way. Why should he lose his place until he loses us a game or two, if he does at all? Would Greer be benched for a howler? Doubt it.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He should keep the shirt IMO. Gives the wrong message if he performs well in the side and them just has to go back to the bench due to El-Abd being fit again. Dunk will get a suspension soon or later so that will be someone else's chance to get back in.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Gotta stick with Dunk I think. El Abd will get his chance when Dunk picks up a suspension!

Was the same last year when Greer came back from suspension and Gus stuck with El Abd and Elphick because they were in such good form.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Remember when Elphick kept out Greer even after his suspension was over last season? If results keep going the way they do I'm sure Gus will stick with Dunk, but gradually bring El-Abd back.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Dunk's riding high at the moment and long may it continue but he's young and at some point I think he will probably need to come out of the team for a bit.

I remember last year Greer being out of the team and people wondering how he'd get in, but eventually he did and stayed there. Think this might be the same, though the difference between Dunk and the others is less than it was with Greer last season.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Tough one.

On merit you'd definitely keep Dunk in the team, and there is no doubt he is going to become an excellent player - definitely better than El-Abd.

However, the last thing you want to do with a 19 year old is over-load him. There will inevitably come a game where we lose and he isn't great. It's hard for a player that young to stay mentally sustained due to lack of experience and general development, so I'd be inclined to give him a rest and stick El-Abd in. More than happy for Dunk to prove me wrong though, and as far as 19 year olds go, he looks exceptionally composed and settled.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
At the moment whilst we ride a crest I doubt any of the players will want to get an injury or a suspension as they will be fearing their place back in. Don't forget also that El-Bad can also cover as a full back.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Dunk looks like hes going to develop into a really top centre back, probably GP was right when he said he could play in the prem

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
And we're really blessed to have such a good young cb coming through the ranks, great timing

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Got to stick with Dunk imo. He has already shown what a talent he is. Don't be surprised if he is an England under 21 international by the end of the season.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
there is no question that Dunk is now number 1, he has improved and impressed a great deal so far this campaign and has never looked out of place in that back 4 and will only contine to learn and get better playing with Greer, who in my opinion is up there with the best CB's we have had in the last 25 years. I would not change anything until we need to, injury or bans. Keep going kid.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I think I'm happy to let Gus decide on this one for a change as I'm sure he'll know what to do for the best :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here