Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dunk IN! (Was: Dunk Out?)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I just wish Dunk had been picked a couple of years earlier. Then he'd have the confidence to perform on the international stage. As it is, there's a fair chance nerves will affect him.
Is playing Serbia/Denmark/Slovenia in Germany that much bigger a stage than Marseilles or Ajax away? Or Man Utd at Wembley?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Neither Guehi nor Stones can defend. That's my worry. Dunky will be putting out fires all day long with either of those two being "expansive" which, in Guehi's case in Monday's match, means giving the ball away just outside your own area because you can't make a 5 yard pass. As I've mentioned before, Guehi was ok in Hodgson's 8 man defence but even Waistcoat doesn't play that way any more.

Imho Stones is a quality defender. He lost the tag of great footballer/poor CB many seasons ago.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I think there’s a decent chance Lewis will start alongside Stones. This would be the experienced pairing from the possible selections. Well done Dunky, first Albion player in an England tournament squad since 1982. Very happy for him!
I think had his best England game when he played with Stones

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is playing Serbia/Denmark/Slovenia in Germany that much bigger a stage than Marseilles or Ajax away? Or Man Utd at Wembley?

I don't know, different for each player I guess. Those games would have meant a lot to Dunk, but there's pressure from more of your fans when playing for England. He obviously didn't do well away to Roma, but it's a learning process. That's why I wish he was exposed to it earlier. Dunk has been a better defender than Maguire, but slabhead has benefitted from a lot of experience at that level.

Home and Away

Sep 18, 2018
I think there’s a decent chance Lewis will start alongside Stones. This would be the experienced pairing from the possible selections. Well done Dunky, first Albion player in an England tournament squad since 1982. Very happy for him!
Also, playing against Serbia would suit Lewis as the game is probably bit more physical and more crosses etc.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Some of the negativity against Dunk from other fans is annoying me tbh!

I see the Albions X admin are backing him up with the ‘trademark chest pass’ montage though. Great stuff.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
I like a lucky manager and Southgate is definitely that. Wasn’t it Napoleon that said “Give me a lucky General?” Not only has he got a plethora of attacking talent that I can’t remember England ever having so many before but Maguire gets ruled out with injury. He is one lucky bastard.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Get in Dunky, yes!!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't know, different for each player I guess. Those games would have meant a lot to Dunk, but there's pressure from more of your fans when playing for England. He obviously didn't do well away to Roma, but it's a learning process. That's why I wish he was exposed to it earlier. Dunk has been a better defender than Maguire, but slabhead has benefitted from a lot of experience at that level.

Slabhead’s peak for club and country was in his LCFC days.

Another player adversely affected by Manure. Plus summer 2020 when the Albanian Mafia kidnapped the entire Maguire clan on Mykonos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here