Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dunk IN! (Was: Dunk Out?)

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Agreed. Will feel immense pride watching him walk out if he does start.

(Just really wish it wasn’t against Mitrovic on Sunday though!)
The upside is, if he manages to control Mitrovic then it should give his confidence a big boost for the rest of the tournament.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
It's the sort of easy lazy trope that people can slip into without thinking. A significant number of people love that.

Anyway, just like politicians, all football managers are all the same, aren't they?
Palace Tourette Syndrome

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
All very well focusing on the Mitrovic thing but it should be down to the wide players to stop or at least limit the service.
I find it frustrating that Lewis gets the blame for the second goal against Belgium when Tielemans had a free header at the back post, was he supposed to be there as well??

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
His injury looked bad against Iceland - is this just a smokescreen
No - had a virus/sickness bug yesterday and was isolated from the team. Now back and in full training today (hasn’t played 90 mins since March though, so can see Dunky at least getting some sub appearances whatever happens)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Got to be worth a pound of two for goal anytime, coming up for corners, I would love him to score...

Wild celebrations as a Brighton lad sticks it in the onion bag :rave:
Indeed. No doubt England will have him first in line to take all the free kicks, too, given his fabulous record.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just watched the latest edition of Lions Den with Cole Palmer and Kobe Mainoo,

Says at end, that tomorrow on the show (at 14:30) it will be Ollie Watkins and our Captain Lewis Dunk.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

dunk watkins.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Feels like the tide has turned a little in the press over the last few days.

Naylor article in defence of Dunk.
Guardian article interviewing Dunk the other day.

And now in the Athletic 4 of their 7 journos have Dunk in their starting line up vs Serbia.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

And now in the Athletic 4 of their 7 journos have Dunk in their starting line up vs Serbia.
He should definitely start v Serbia, even without the bias blue and white stripe glasses on.

He's the most direct physical replacement for Slabhead, he's a better passer of the ball the Guehi, he has better defensive aerial presence than Guehi which will be crucial v Mitrovich and Vlahović.

But as Guehi is Palace............

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020

Definitely a curious shift. Every single podcast, video, article etc I consumed in the week after the squad was announced unanimously predicted it’d be Guehi nailed on to start alongside Stones, with Dunk barely even mentioned (possibly swayed by the generally negative public reaction to his selection). I’m convinced it’s never been that cut and dry, but clearly a few more are waking up to the idea of Dunk starting the opener now.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
He should definitely start v Serbia, even without the bias blue and white stripe glasses on.

He's the most direct physical replacement for Slabhead, he's a better passer of the ball the Guehi, he has better defensive aerial presence than Guehi which will be crucial v Mitrovich and Vlahović.

But as Guehi is Palace............
This fills me with so much dread

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sounds bullish in an interview with the Guardian:

Everyone makes mistakes. It is how you bounce back from that. I had to come back into the pre-camp and show as much as I could. After that mistake I felt I did all right. Football is a game of opinions and the one that matters is the manager of England.

We know he can do it. We've watched him do it for years and years.
Nice he got a dig in about Guehi.
"BOUNCE" back. nice one Lewis, we know what you're doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here