Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk attracting interest from Premier League club

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why? If we're going to have any club strengthen our transfer kitty by £5m in exchange for a player worth less than half of that, I'd like it to be Palace.

I rate Dunk, maybe that's the difference. Same as I rated Murray and Palace are where they are now largely because of him. Why would I want the Albion to be a feeder club to those twats?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
WHY ? - You would be pretty much guaranteed a penalty when you play them.

I think there is no way he will be sold, unless there was a replacement lined up, even though, if it was up to me, I would sell.

Sorry I am going against the grain on here, I am a Dunk fan and don't buy into the "he's a liability argument" He has had a rough patch and Albion fans are fickle enough to have forgotten that without his goals and defending last season we'd probably be playing in League One

Dunk is still well in credit with me. If we had a decent strike force we might have been able to recover from some of his errors. All defenders make them.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Putting aside that I'm with those that think this is nonsense trouble making, evidenced by their inaccurate portrayal of the Murray signing, what has happened since saturday evening?

Dunk (and Goldson) put in a good shift, with Lewis getting Aspinall's man of the match, and the highest average rating on the NSC ratings thread. People were calling into the post-match phone-in, and posting on here how no one can criticise Dunk now (in fact those who did had been shown to be short sighted and not real fans). He's shown his quality, and the argument is settled. He's a top, top talent who we all love now.

Suddenly everyone has reverted to the view of him up to last Friday.

Shouldn't we at least wait until he next makes a mistake before turning back on him.

WHY ? - You would be pretty much guaranteed a penalty when you play them.

Would at least balance out all the cheap penalties Palace get.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He's got all the attributes you can't teach and with a run of games will slowly iron out the inconsistency. You get that from young players in any position or players who don't get regular games.

He has this season and hope we stick with him as he matures. He might not be a top half of the Prem player but he MIGHT one day and will most likely do a decent job in a couple years in the lower reaches of the Prem. Local lad, been loyal so far, give him a regular partner and hope he stays fit.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Last season we finished one place above the relegation zone, yet we had the sixth best defensive record in the league. Dunk played in 38 of the 46 league games and was our top scorer with seven goals from centre-back, he also added two assists to his attacking contributions.

This season he was integral to our early season run to the top of the table, a feat achieved mostly due to our miserly goals against column.

There is a reason Premier league clubs are sniffing around and it ain't because he is crap.

For those who think we should sell him and replace him with a cheaper player, who did you have in mind?

He's a local lad, one of our own. hopefully he doesn't read the guff written on here about him or he might think otherwise.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I am in the 'Dunk is a good player camp'. He kept us in the championship last year otherwise we would have been pushing for promotion from league one this year. If we are serious about promotion then he is exactly the sort of player we need and yes he might be better in PL but it might catch him out time (next year) will tell. Yes he has had a bad time but he also has looked pretty

Time to move away from this anti Dunk campaign and get on and support the team...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I am in the 'Dunk is a good player camp'. He kept us in the championship last year otherwise we would have been pushing for promotion from league one this year. If we are serious about promotion then he is exactly the sort of player we need and yes he might be better in PL but it might catch him out time (next year) will tell. Yes he has had a bad time but he also has looked pretty

Time to move away from this anti Dunk campaign and get on and support the team...

Agree with your overall point but is your bromance really relevant to what camp your in? :whistle:

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Said this all along. He's a liability. Not going to change my mind anytime soon. Cost us too many points really.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Said this all along. He's a liability. Not going to change my mind anytime soon. Cost us too many points really.

The mistakes are far outweighed by the important tackles, block and goals.

Who could we buy to replace him that would be better?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here