Votes: 97 53.0%
  • Both were out of order

Votes: 30 16.4%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I watched highlights on the club website and it isn’t shown. As an aside, I didn’t appreciate how bad the second goal was in real time. Duffy let’s the ball bounce not once, but twice, knocks it to an opponent who then turns him. Pub level stuff. Before the first bounce and misreading of the flight of the ball he’s more concerned about pointing to someone or something; what’s that about?

He's been pretty much out for over 2 months, his last 90mins was back in November. He's thrown back into the side through necessity rather than being ready. Funny how Dunk gets several games worth of mistakes in credit on his return from injury, but Duffy is supposedly required to have the perfect match after a lengthy injury layoff.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's been pretty much out for over 2 months, his last 90mins was back in November. He's thrown back into the side through necessity rather than being ready. Funny how Dunk gets several games worth of mistakes in credit on his return from injury, but Duffy is supposedly required to have the perfect match after a lengthy injury layoff.

I agree. And I’m sure most would be more forgiving of his mistakes if he didn’t start pushing younger players around after their alleged mistakes. He’s supposed to be a senior player, he needs to be above this and start acting like one.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I agree. And I’m sure most would be more forgiving of his mistakes if he didn’t start pushing younger players around after their alleged mistakes. He’s supposed to be a senior player, he needs to be above this and start acting like one.

And perhaps a younger player realising a senior player is returning from injury, under a bit of pressure and struggling a bit doesn't need a flea in his ear quite so full on when said younger player has just clumped him round the head over the one bit of the game he excels at...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And perhaps a younger player realising a senior player is returning from injury, under a bit of pressure and struggling a bit doesn't need a flea in his ear quite so full on when said younger player has just clumped him round the head over the one bit of the game he excels at...

Fine. But my take is that no matter who was to blame, a senior squad member should rise above this. It’s unprofessional and counter-productive. And I very much doubt he’d try that behavior with someone like Lalana.

As an aside, I guess this incident will **** with his “Google me” hits.

Whilst I largely agree with [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] s post (albeit I am slightly more sympathetic since I posted to RS given multiple people said they heard the call), I find it one of the more amusing aspects of NSC that a user called London Irish, supports the Irish player probably sat at home posting in an Irish Rugby top munching Soda bread and drinking Guinness.

I'm sure London Spanish will be along soon to argue the opposite point.

Yes, feel free to tell the world you are fond of racial stereotyping. My support for Duffy is based on his long service to the club. He deserved better

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, feel free to tell the world you are fond of racial stereotyping. My support for Duffy is based on his long service to the club. He deserved better

You’ll be disappointed to realize Sanchez has been serving the club longer.

I think it's fairly obvious that people (wrongly but it's the way of the world) apply different standards to squad players than those perceived to be first-team starting regulars. Sentiment towards the former can be quite skittish and fickle. Probably a good parallel can be made to Solly, thought he looked decent among the widespread poor performances on Saturday but not sure he got much credit for it.

Duffy and March are among the few guys left from our second-tier Championship sides still giving it a right go, not many of them left now from that much-admired generation of Knocky-Murray-Stephens-etc. Dunk is the one regular starter and hence will get extra credit for that.

I think it's a really fine acheivement for Duffy to notch up the number of appearances he's had since August, I don't think anyone should deny him his contribution to what is looking like our best ever season - even with injury he's had more than the very in-form Dan Burn. For a squad player, that's good going

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

I'm here all week. I've got a good joke about an Irish painter and the word contagious if the content floats your boat.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Most neutral sites say Duffy was one of our better players Sunday, its odd how we all seem to think differently, even i thought he was having a worse game than all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here