Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy and Celtic's latest embarassment

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I honestly thought Duffy would be a legend at Celtic.
What is going on?

Celtic have a shocking manager/coaching setup. All the players are going backwards.

Duffy's performances have been shocking but I think he's being singled out a bit due to being the new guy and from being so highly-touted when he signed. There's also sometimes a bit of an Irish/Scottish divide amongst some of the support. Being the kid from Derry, saying he supported Celtic as a kid - it doesn't necessarily tick the boxes with all Celtic fans as much as you might think.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Some funny comments once I had worked out what some of them were saying.

I've read enough Irvine Welsh to know what a square go is but "carrot"? I can only think there's some kind of Weegie rhyming slang going on and it's carrot + stick = dick? But genuinely no clue.

Perhaps I should hop on there and ask those nauses if they think he's been on the shant.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Probably we weren't keen to sell to a rival - but in retrospect getting £10M from WHU would have been good, as they're well away from us this season. Wouldn't have been happy with him improving West Brom though.
Be nice if we could get him out of Celtic and loaned elsewhere before tomorrow evening; unlikely though.

Given the way he lost that cross he'd struggle to improve Exeter City at the moment.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I guess it is risk and reward. Playing for Hughton's Brighton or a team like Burnley, there will always be protection right in front of the back four. Potter's Brighton is set up well, but it is different - it is set up to retain possession to avoid those situations. However, when we do lose possession a player like White is better at defending 1:1's than Duffy. That's not a criticism of Duffy, but a recognition of strengths.

It would be like asking Connolly to be a target man rather than playing off the shoulder.

Absolutely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For all those saying it was about about the Dunk partnership - he played well on occasion when Dunk was suspended, and turned in some of the greatest defensive displays for all time for Ireland alongside the likes of Ciaran Clarke and Richard Keogh.

I do think both the media and Celtic fans have made him the focus of attention when there is something much deeper that is wrong with that side.

Yeah, Lennon is having his Adams moment, back at the old club when his head is clearly not where it should be. Duffy is just one of many who are affected by the low mojo at the club I would imagine.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
206c21733fcdcc2cf5d4832239be6cd4.jpg

Another massive club. No wonder.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
We’d destroy them if we played them, I mean they’re way behind Rangers who are playing with our reserve CBs.

Not only that but Jon Obika has been known to lead the line for St Mirren! :lolol:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
So massive they are signing Brighton cast offs for their first team

Not to mention their huge rivals who are 20 odd points clear at the top of the SPL have 2 of our ex players in their first team (Goldstone, Balogun ) and by all accounts have been two of the best Center backs in Scotland. How’s that for “being from Brighton FFS”?

Silly Celtic fans. Yes you’re a historically huge club, but in the modern day game your league is an utter joke. Don’t slate us because you’ve got a dinosaur manager.

Jackthelad2

Sep 2, 2020
Celtic have a shocking manager/coaching setup. All the players are going backwards..

This. The club did exactly what Rangers did when they were going for 10 in a row, they became arrogant they thought it was a walk in the park. There were even Celtic fans who had tattoos of 10 in row before the season had even started! The owners are a joke, Lennon is ok manager if supported, but he had his own demons, he also surrounded himself with his mates in the team. Most of the players are overrated and Rangers players were underrated.

Duffy for me was at times better than Dunk, I saw him countless times shouting at Dunk when Dunk was having one of his tantrums, and Duffy was the only person who would get away with that as was the respect between them. Duffy was quality for us, he may well be past his prime now, he has that style that when they age they age badly.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
he'll be at Notts Forest for a modest fee end of season.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Shane having a howler today, at fault for the goal. Value must be dropping off him

How was he at fault? I saw goal scorer beat two other defenders to head the ball in. Are you saying Duffy should have also been marking the scorer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here