Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drums at the amex?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I don't mind a drum if its used correctly but the majority of times I've seen a drum used it has just been constant banging a sounds terrible..

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
As it sounds shit , completly kills any chance of an atmosphere, and makes us look like a plastic club in a 'souless bowl' as some away fans already see it as.

Ok there are some references to the noise and lower league clubs having them. They are a bit moany old git excuses imo. If the drum isn't domineering and just a bit of a background beat then i think that'd be beneficial more than anything. But ah well, it's your ground.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Ok there are some references to the noise and lower league clubs having them. They are a bit moany old git excuses imo. If the drum isn't domineering and just a bit of a background beat then i think that'd be beneficial more than anything. But ah well, it's your ground.

Well that is of course just my opinion as 1 of 18,000 STH. However having a drum sounds tinpot and kills of and spontaneous atmosphere.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I voted in favour of the Majika song but didn't realise it meant having to have a drum :shrug:
What kind of drum is it? Lambeg? Snare?

8ace, Majiko doesn't necessarily need a drum, It was simply a question asked. So far the whole Majiko thing was done by people chipping in their ideas and the drum question was just that - with something potentially involving different stands, it could easily go tits up with a load speeding up and going like the clappers.

It was merely to guage opinion, and not essential

Whoever rocks up to the Amex with a drum is a brave man for sure and may likely be lynched.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
A massive no from me. All you need to do is look at the loudest sets of fans up and down the country, when was the last time you heard a drum at Stoke, Newcastle, Leeds or in the Kop? Never, because there fans sing without needing to be told when and what to sing. Now look at the quitest grounds, ie, Wigan, Mk Dons and Bolton etc, all with a drum in an attempt to get silent supporters to sing in a half empty stadium, and it sounds awful and completely cringeworthy. Is this really the image our fans want to give ourselves?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
A massive no from me. All you need to do is look at the loudest sets of fans up and down the country, when was the last time you heard a drum at Stoke, Newcastle, Leeds or in the Kop? Never, because there fans sing without needing to be told when and what to sing. Now look at the quitest grounds, ie, Wigan, Mk Dons and Bolton etc, all with a drum in an attempt to get silent supporters to sing in a half empty stadium, and it sounds awful and completely cringeworthy. Is this really the image our fans want to give ourselves?

This.

Bristol City, I'd add. What did we do when their drum was going? Hijacked their chants. Whilst the other 3 stands sat in glum silence. It sounds SO tinpot. Would love Majiko to take off but I beg of people, *BEG* them......don't bring a drum.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If I ever see a twat with a drum at the Amex I'll go right up to their face and tell him/her what i think of bringing that rubbish into our ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here