Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Droylsden chucked out of FA Cup

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
To be fair I dislike Chesterfield as much as the next person but there is a certain justice here. They were 2-0 up at Droylesden in the replay when the floodlights went out. Also, the ineligible player scored both goals so it was not like he had no influence on the game.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Whilst its obviously a shame for the "romance" of the FA Cup,if it had been Man Utd that had fielded an illegible player,we'd all be going nuts about it.So i guess its fair.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps he was hard to make out, what with the floodlights failing.

Or perhaps we're both wrong, and it was an illiterate player?

Sort of like Charlie Oatway. Or Wayne Rooney.

The problem here is that the FA rules make absolutely no sense. As I posted on a previous thread some weeks back, if a player is signed (either on loan or permanently) after the initial game was meant to take place, but before the rescheduled fixture, he cannot play in that game. However if a player receives a ban after the initial game was meant to take place, but before the rescheduled fixture, it applies to that game. How does that even vaguely make sense?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Fancy somebody having the nerve to cheat The Cheats :ohmy:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Whilst its obviously a shame for the "romance" of the FA Cup,if it had been Man Utd that had fielded an illegible player,we'd all be going nuts about it.So i guess its fair.

And Sir Alex would make out like it was a conspiracy against man utd, an unjust campaign by the Man Utd haters at the FA...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The problem here is that the FA rules make absolutely no sense. As I posted on a previous thread some weeks back, if a player is signed (either on loan or permanently) after the initial game was meant to take place, but before the rescheduled fixture, he cannot play in that game. However if a player receives a ban after the initial game was meant to take place, but before the rescheduled fixture, it applies to that game. How does that even vaguely make sense?

Its quite straightforward really.

Follow this link to a clip of US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld explaining FA rules on player eligibility...

YouTube - donald rumsfled known unknowns

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here