Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Droylsden chucked out of FA Cup

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
What a complete farce Cheaterfraud allow them to equalise because the manager did not like the way his team had scored. Causing a replay which no doubt Cheaterfraud thought they would win hands down, which they were till the flood lights failed. Then to lose the replay and then claim that the player was ineligable after the game. When did they notice this little point was it during the game and they hold onto it just in case they needed it?

Sounds dodgy to me throw both of them out and reinstate a southern team whose name begins with a B and ends in ton and have a seagull as a mascot and a mechano stand.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Sorry, but which one are you accusing of blatant cheating. West Ham fielded a player whose registration was owned by a third party, against the rules of the FA as well as the Premiership I believe. I see that as being no different to fielding an illegible player. It later transpired that the club were also very economical with the truth when it advised details of the transfer. That's why Sheffield are currently in line for substantial damages so why doesn't it apply to us? We should be awarded the equivalent of the winners pot for that round at least.
I thought the FA's 'get out' was that West Ham had broken the Premier League rules but not FA rules, so they should be penalised re the league but not the cup?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here