Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Driving a Skoda

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
I went to look at some new cars today and thought I'd look at Skodas as well.The Yeti looks class,and great value.
Anybody fessing up to driving a Skoda?
How have you found it????

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
We bought an Octavia this year as our family car. Engine by VW and at a fraction of the price.

It's bloody great - I can finally go on holiday and fit my golf clubs in. That, to me, is the mark of quality!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm afraid I can't bring myself to touch one... just yet, if the quality is maintained for a few years then maybe. Until then, it's still a Skoda

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
my extended family have switched from VW to Skoda, three or so around without any troubles.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Man walks into a garage and says "Have you got a petrol cap for a Skoda?"
After a pause, the Garage owner says "It's a deal".

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I drive a Skoda Roomster and after 40,000 miles in 2 years without a single problem of any description and an average 40mpg I would say it's as good a car as I have ever owned - no longer a Skoda really - VW parts and VW engineering

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
We bought a Fabia last year from Birchwood at Eastbourne. Their sister garage in Worthing look after it - the first 10,000 mile service cost under £100. Supplying and fitting BHA plates was just over £20. Everything seems cheap. It's got the 1.9 VW diesel engine. Noisy when cold but about 35mph per 1,000 revs in fifth means effortless cruising and mid-50s fuel consumption. We had a Suzuki Swift before and loathed it (our fault probably) but the Fabia is like a loyal old friend. The Yeti is said to be even better.

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm afraid I can't bring myself to touch one... just yet, if the quality is maintained for a few years then maybe. Until then, it's still a Skoda

The quality has been with Skoda for years now just ask some of the Private hire taxis in Brighton they use them for a living, tells you something.

i don't believe there is a better value for money motor on the road.

Ps We have a fabia estate and get 60 MPG fully loaded on a run.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The quality has been with Skoda for years now just ask some of the Private hire taxis in Brighton they use them for a living, tells you something.

i don't believe there is a better value for money motor on the road.

Ps We have a fabia estate and get 60 MPG fully loaded on a run.

60mpg? Grrr... What engine?

PS Our Skoda follows a long line of Citroens. The build quality is incomparably better.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
We ran a 1.9TDI Octavia estate for 4 years. Build quality was great and it averaged 60mpg - pretty good for a medium sized familly car. Everything under the bonnet was VAG badged. The whole thing was quality - the problem was thet other people could not see pass the badge and took the p*** mercilessly! Still I was the one having saved money and so had the last laugh.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have a golf and a mate of mine has a Fabia...both have the same engine, 130bhp diesel...the Fabia is smaller and lighter...guess which one is the nippier (clue, it isn't the golf).

Skodas used to be an easy target for jokes...until VW got involved in the company, now they are very good cars with the same build quality as VW and Seat...for a cheaper price...that isn't funny, it is deadly serious!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I went to look at some new cars today and thought I'd look at Skodas as well.The Yeti looks class,and great value.
Anybody fessing up to driving a Skoda?
How have you found it????

I know sod all about cars but my brother's a cabbie and he swears by them.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I've got an Octavia 1.9tdi.
Good car, few niggles but nothing major. Feels like a tank but pulls away like a rocket.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Been a fabia driver for bout 8 years. The basic 1.2 model. Had two in that time. No probs with either, most taxis are skodas like people said. Also its a very '80s' thing to take the piss now they are basically VW shows you are getting on now, kids/teens today do not see them as the (deserved) joke they were.
Finally if the can get a best car make in one of the Top Gear Mag categories then they must be doing something right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here