Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Drinking in sight of the pitch - a survey

Do you agree the law should change to decriminalise drinking in sight of a football pitch?

• I agree.

Votes: 58 18.2%
  • I agree provided the bars are closed during the game

Votes: 89 27.9%
  • Not fussed either way

Votes: 28 8.8%
  • I disagree. I don't like the idea of flying beer after a goal

Votes: 99 31.0%
  • I disagree. The law is satisfactory as it is

Votes: 45 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I had a couple of pints before the match, was too busy at half time to be served, then a couple after. I know having a drink in the ground after the match is fairly unusual to the Amex but to be honest the big limiter on drinking at the Amex is getting served.

My second pint might have got taken to my seat but by the time a third was an option there was too big a queue. This will vary from ground to ground but in terms of intake if the bars close during the game it won't make much difference to me and i suspect others.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Principality Stadium branded 'world's biggest pub' after incidents

Maybe Football has got it right all these years? I certainly don't want to see bars opening during the game.

Twickenham is exactly the same, especially as there tends to be a lot of tourist fans at games. Thing is though, that's what you get at PL games including Brighton - You have tourists and you have, shall we say, non hard core fans, if you have food and drink outlets open, they will use them, traipsing back and forth not entirely bothered about the game

Even I went for a beer and food in the first half at Twickenham on Saturday but that was because it took in excess of 1.5 hours from Richmond to seat - There were still long queues at the outlets :-(

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
More on drinking in the stands and rugby on the BBC news website today. On the bright side, at least the poor lad didn't have beer split on him...

"The latest incident, in Saturday's victory over Australia, saw a six-year-old left "in floods of tears" after he was vomited on.
Joey's mother Sophie Delaney, from Chepstow, Monmouthshire, said the sick was "all over the back of him, his coat, over me and on the floor", with the perpetrator too drunk to even acknowledge it."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59377882

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've never drunk a beer at any ground while watching the Albion - just didn't see the need of it (and no, I'm not a teetotaller, or anywhere near it - I know I drink too much for my own good!) - from being a teenager at The Goldstone it never even occurred to me to go looking for a pint. So a change in the law is neither here nor there from my point of view. The only thing that narks me is the ban being restricted solely to football fans - and that, in my mind, is discrimination and unnacceptable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here