Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinking in Charlton?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Yes sheebs but perhaps that day they may be a few more in number and with a more sharpened intent to act with disregard and volatility no?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I shall be frequenting one of the pubs around borough market so I can get myself some kind of exotic meat burger for lunch

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I shall be frequenting one of the pubs around borough market so I can get myself some kind of exotic meat burger for lunch

One of the stalls does an excellent open pan paella? erhaps a good omen form Inigo and Fran?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
the Antigallican is a huge pub, right by Charlton station, which is for away fans. or, you can stroll back west, down the Woolwich Road, to the Rose of Denmark.

or, as has been said above, Blackheath has some nice pubs, which is one stop away on the train. Greenwich is three stops away and has a few too.

I will be in Woolwich, where I live and working my way along.

We walked up the hill after the game, last season, and had a quick pint in the very 'home' Bugle Horn pub, near Charlton House. Ever so funny seeing the locals crying into their beer. Hopped onto a 53 after, and was home in ten minutes :clap2:

Can't wait for this one :)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
One of the stalls does an excellent open pan paella? erhaps a good omen form Inigo and Fran?

There is a good caff aswell that does lovely bacon, good omen for Casper ?

Also they do a wicked corned beef sandwich, good omen for Baz and Batti ??

The bloke who owns it is an artist, good omen for Painter ??

He does all his own cooking in the kitchen, good omen for Kishishev?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I hear Millwall will be out and about looking for any stray fans to pick off around London Bridge

It's awright, they're good boys really, they only 'arm them what deserves it, and they love their mums.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes sheebs but perhaps that day they may be a few more in number and with a more sharpened intent to act with disregard and volatility no?

:lolol: I know what u meant - was just being silly :thumbsup:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Rose of Denwark was quite good. 3/4 mins from Charlton station. Some creepy old Charlton fan did ask a bunch of us for a photo though.......:lol:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
the Antigallican is a huge pub, right by Charlton station, which is for away fans. or, you can stroll back west, down the Woolwich Road, to the Rose of Denmark.

or, as has been said above, Blackheath has some nice pubs, which is one stop away on the train. Greenwich is three stops away and has a few too.

I will be in Woolwich, where I live and working my way along.

Jeez, The Antigallican is probably the worst, most nasty pub I've ever been in.
But, I quite liked it. Pwoper noorty.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
There is a good caff aswell that does lovely bacon, good omen for Casper ?

Also they do a wicked corned beef sandwich, good omen for Baz and Batti ??

The bloke who owns it is an artist, good omen for Painter ??

He does all his own cooking in the kitchen, good omen for Kishishev?

The bacon, bubble and cheese bap from Maria's Cafe - to die for.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Pubs near the ground are awful,

Maybe, but what about the.......

abbott_label_fix.png

and the real ale.....

real-ale.jpg

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The nicest pub in Charlton is the Royal Oak. Just been done up. Usually a guest cider or ale. Outdoor seating. Not far from Westcombe Park rail and about a ten/fifteen minute walk to the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here