Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinking in Charlton?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Could and probably should be a good pub, but the service is always appaling, it's full of the worst kind of student, tourists and Greenwich p0nces these days.

I cannot even go in there any more it makes my blood boil. i used to love it but they have ruined a great pub by having spaced out dickheads with those mad hoops in their earlobes and fin haircuts serving one pint every fifteen minutes. its a shame with so many pubs closing down, ones with this level of shit service and staffed by complete and utter w ankers, appears to thrive. still thats life eh.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seems not but by all accounts tha A&h is the best place to go.

Ok Ill speak to Kev, I think there is about 9 of us meeting up in Greenwich and we are looking for a pub.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
granny: The Anchor & Hope is in Charlton not Greenwich. The pub by the Cutty Sark ship in Greenwich is called The Gipsy Moth (confusingly there's a pub further away called the Cutty Sark). It's not a Fullers pub but does do London Pride.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
London Pride tastes like piss nowadays due to the chemical content they use to extend its shelf life. Fullers do some much better beers.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i used to drink in the trafalgar alot when i ran the gypo . lovely pub

inbetween the gipsy moth and the cutty sark. might head down thaqt way myself , check out the old stomping grounds

Last edited:

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
It seems Greenwich will be fairly popular. I dont really care where i drink just wanna find a good atmosphere.

9.34 from brighton here we come!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
granny: The Anchor & Hope is in Charlton not Greenwich. The pub by the Cutty Sark ship in Greenwich is called The Gipsy Moth (confusingly there's a pub further away called the Cutty Sark). It's not a Fullers pub but does do London Pride.

excellent. cheers mate

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I really dunno where to drink ... Thinking off drinking in Putney beforehand, as Spurs will be there, then heading over towards Charlton about 2pm .. and watch the results come through in that 'Away Pub' by Charlton Station.

It'll go off. Think one of the Bristol's are about too?

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
There are going to be fans everywhere on the day, which is kind of swaying me to go straight to Charlton then can just drink and relax.

Its going to be a bloody good day.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Getting the train to Stockport v Barnet. Might bump into Jamie. :bigwave::lolol:

11kbn9e.jpg

Make sure you ask for a game of Man Hunt. :lolol::lolol:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I really dunno where to drink ... Thinking off drinking in Putney beforehand, as Spurs will be there, then heading over towards Charlton about 2pm .. and watch the results come through in that 'Away Pub' by Charlton Station.

It'll go off. Think one of the Bristol's are about too?

Nope,but it will go off! you not coming LB?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here