Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drinking cans of beer on the train

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Fine, so long as you're not rowdy, vomit or something like that. I used to have a can of beer to while away the time during delays at East Croydon Station during my commuting days. Even Worthington was preferable to sitting gazing at one's navel in the refreshment room. Just remember that in London it is illegal to drink or carry open containers of alcohol on the Tube and buses.

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
Only drink cans on Saturdays. Exeter away I boarded the train at Hove at 9am with 8 tins of Carlsberg export and opened one straight away.

That's rather poor, if i went to Exeter id of expected to of been down there somewhere around 9 in spoons not leaving Hove at 9.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
If it's a football trip, no problem. My constant belching and looking like a chav does lower the tone somewhat though. :down:

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
I can't believe you're even asking the question!!

There is nothing like drinking a couple of cans on the train, it's one of life's big pleasures.

As somebody has said earlier, they bloody SELL alcohol on the train when they can, so what do you expect?!

I was out yesterday early evening with a 17 year-old girl wearing high wedges and black tights.
Stared at on the bus by a woman with her bloke (who started looking uncomfortable when he noticed her being distracted), lads on the train trying to get attention and giving me 'the look', then the manageress serving us at the restaurant wearing disapproval all over her mush.

Imagine if I'd been slugging from a can of lager to go with it!

People and their assumptions.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I was out yesterday early evening with a 17 year-old girl wearing high wedges and black tights.

I should imagine you'd have been more comfortable in jeans and a pair of trainers, but there you go.

I should imagine you'd have been more comfortable in jeans and a pair of trainers, but there you go.

:lolol:
You shoulda seen me man, it's de rigour in Stockholm these days

brian-eno-synth-roxy-music-analog-ambient-u2-11.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here