Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drinking cans of beer on the train

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I can just imagine the looks I'd get if I produced a glass flute and cracked open a bottle of champagne on a Monday evening on the London Bridge to Littlehampton....

I saw some people do that at half seven in the morning once!
To be fair one of the blokes was retiring and it was his last day of commuting.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's bizarre that in London, if you travel from, say, Waterloo to Putney by train, it's OK to have a few tinnies. If you do the same trip by tube or bus, you can get arrested if you're drinking. I'm not quite sure what trains are supposed to have that stops people getting drunk but, whatever it is, it's not working.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is it acceptable in today society? I often have a couple of cans on my way home from worthing to h eath but do get a few disaproving looks. Discuss:drink:

I would say if you tend to make it part of your daily commute then its a bad thing. Far too easy to slip into a routine of doing that. It's not exactly a long journey. And if there's somebody waiting for you at the other end they're unlikely to be impressed.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Nobody's business is it ? People don't like it they should sit elsewhere.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Definately tinnies on the way home from work and MOST definately on the way to away games.

What about those half bottles of wine though?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Perfectly acceptable.

I had a four pack conviscated off me once by the Police, I think it was on a Virgin train so maybe they have some rule? I don't know. To be honest, I was sitting in the storage area on my own looking distinctly dishevelled on a long train journey to see a girlfriend. I probably looked like a down and out.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
A long away trip on the train wouldn't be the same without a few!

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Perfectly acceptable.

I had a four pack conviscated off me once by the Police, I think it was on a Virgin train so maybe they have some rule? I don't know. To be honest, I was sitting in the storage area on my own looking distinctly dishevelled on a long train journey to see a girlfriend. I probably looked like a down and out.

Good job they didn't try that on the Virgin train to Villa last season!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I can just imagine the looks I'd get if I produced a glass flute and cracked open a bottle of champagne on a Monday evening on the London Bridge to Littlehampton....

It's been a while since you commuted, but there is now a group of women on there who drink vodka (plastic cups, I think), seemingly most evenings of the week.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Only drink cans on Saturdays. Exeter away I boarded the train at Hove at 9am with 8 tins of Carlsberg export and opened one straight away. Conductor said morning sir, you wouldn’t be off to football by any chance.

Drank them all before I arrived. Had 5 pints before the match and another 8 cans for the home journey. Usually only have 4 there and back but knew it was going to be a good day out so thought I’d hit the running hard.

Your mental:lolol: where are these pics of 100 bha lads up Queens Rd?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here