Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drinking cans of beer on the train

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Is it acceptable in today society? I often have a couple of cans on my way home from worthing to h eath but do get a few disaproving looks. Discuss:drink:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I think it's ok! Unless you are the guy I saw drinking cans of strongbow on the WAY TO work? :lol:

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Always thought it's a bit pikey. Wouldnt drink on the bus either. But they do sell beer on the refreshment cart so maybe not so bad.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
There is nothing wrong with this at all. The next time you get a 'look' from someone just shout "bottoms up"! and down the can in one.

I look back on the good old days of the buffet car and drinking on the way to away games (and home again), aye those were the days.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
You get the feeling such a question on a forum for football fans might produce a slightly one-sided response!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
There is nothing wrong with this at all. The next time you get a 'look' from someone just shout "bottoms up"! and down the can in one.

I look back on the good old days of the buffet car and drinking on the way to away games (and home again), aye those were the days.

And have a mean British Rail Bacon Buttie to soak up the booze

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I can just imagine the looks I'd get if I produced a glass flute and cracked open a bottle of champagne on a Monday evening on the London Bridge to Littlehampton....

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
not really,nice to have a cold beer if youve got a journey ahead of you or after a tough day at work!! as for Saturdays and away games...full steam ahead!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Always have beers on a train en route to a BHA match or a gig.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Only drink cans on Saturdays. Exeter away I boarded the train at Hove at 9am with 8 tins of Carlsberg export and opened one straight away. Conductor said morning sir, you wouldn’t be off to football by any chance.

Drank them all before I arrived. Had 5 pints before the match and another 8 cans for the home journey. Usually only have 4 there and back but knew it was going to be a good day out so thought I’d hit the running hard.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
I think it's ok! Unless you are the guy I saw drinking cans of strongbow on the WAY TO work? :lol:

Saw this for a while when commuting from Seaford to B'ton and London. One fella would get the 6:32 am every day, sit down pull out two cans of Stella and The Sun Newspaper, down one can before the train got to Newhaven Harbour, then finish the second before Lewes, it got to be very normal until one day a "day tripper type" asked if that was really a good idea to be drinking this early in the day, before work etc...the bloke in question, replied that he had been packing some kind of food in to tins for the last 12 hours, and this was his way of getting rid of the smell/memory/dullness of the job, before sleeping all day to wake up when we are going home to do it all again.

Kind of left the everyone sitting around him quietly thinking about their jobs/situations. Each to their own, everyones deal is different.

:thumbsup: punk::drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here