Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drink prices at the Amex

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Why is it that everywhere, including it seems the Amex, like to charge excessive prices for soft drinks? Answer, excessive profits!

if its not Bottles then the syrup bags are pretty costly, and its hard to make a profit on them as ya lose alot aswell

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
if its not Bottles then the syrup bags are pretty costly, and its hard to make a profit on them as ya lose alot aswell

Sorry to be rude but that's BULLSHIT.

In my experience the syrup bags of cola and lemonade are easily the most profitable of all drinks served in a bar because you don't pay any additional duty on them and each glass is about 95% water.

Admittedly you pay a premium for the name stuff like Pepsi but it's still pretty much a licence to print money.

You can pick up a 7 litre box of Coca Cola syrup for £65 (and that's just from a quick Google, if you were in the trade you'd probably get it even cheaper) which will do you approximately 394 x 4oz servings. That works out at 16p a glass.

Or if you go for the bigger 16oz servings (with ice) you're looking at 57p a glass which means at £2 a go you're looking at a profit of almost 150%

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

In my experience the syrup bags of cola and lemonade are easily the most profitable of all drinks served in a bar because you don't pay any additional duty on them and each glass is about 95% water.

Admittedly you pay a premium for the name stuff like Pepsi but it's still pretty much a licence to print money

I've worked in many pubs and always been told coke is the most profitable drink - it's just fizzy water with some syrup!

For what it's worth I think the AMEX beers are slighty over priced but not as bad as they could have been.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Snorfy

Jan 24, 2010

Admittedly you pay a premium for the name stuff like Pepsi but it's still pretty much a licence to print money.

You can pick up a 7 litre box of Coca Cola syrup for £65 (and that's just from a quick Google, if you were in the trade you'd probably get it even cheaper) which will do you approximately 394 x 4oz servings. That works out at 16p a glass.

Or if you go for the bigger 16oz servings (with ice) you're looking at 57p a glass which means at £2 a go you're looking at a profit of almost 150%

As I said excessive profits, I would accept £1.00 per drink but if it's £2.00 a drink i'll take my own in for my son, and me if driving!

Bungle

Nov 28, 2007
Tunbridge Wells
Dunno if this has been posted already .. but is it me or does that sign look a bit 'home-made'? Looks like the prices have been altered already?!! AND .. there's no Babycham for sale!! 8-/

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Dunno if this has been posted already .. but is it me or does that sign look a bit 'home-made'? Looks like the prices have been altered already?!! AND .. there's no Babycham for sale!! 8-/

Home made by whom? I was a genuine picture from the NS kiosk.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
We will have Hophead. And Symond's is the premium cider. I've put some info on another thread.

Which thread? Can you cast any more light on the concourse prices/drinks?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Reasonable if that's for a PINT. Less so, if its a tiny little bottle.

It will be a pint the Harveys is on draught ... my mate works for them and has helped to install the pumps.... he has no interest in football but has been to the stadium around 40 times to visit all the bars and hospitality....

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven

Hopefully Atilla's thread proves it isn't a 'home made'. I only said what I know and as it seems it was half way there minus the Dark star.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Wonder what the price of Guinness is,not expecting my club price (£2.55 pint of draught) but not too expensive...it was £3.80 at Bournemouth.

D

Deleted User X18H

That is no way signage form our new stadium. Looks more like something you find at Brighton Racecourse.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I suppose some sort of congratulations are in order as that is easily the most inaccurate and totally false statement I have ever read on here - and that's saying something. If pubs sold draught Coca Cola at 50p a pint they'd still be making at least 200% profit on every glass - more than enough to cover any wastage.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
That is no way signage form our new stadium. Looks more like something you find at Brighton Racecourse.

It is from the Amex, Even attila has mentioned it is up at the Amex it is just not finished yet.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
[MENTION=579]Drumstick[/MENTION] is this the ONLY photograph you took of Amex? If so, shame on you.

It wasn't taken by me but a friend that is working there and has sent it to me along with the other pictures I've been putting on here over time.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Those prices, as others have said, are pretty normal which I can't see tempting people to come early or stay late. Maybe they will do a special price after the game? Say £3 a pint would surely tempt people to stay on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here