Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drink prices at the Amex

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Exactly where do you drink if you don't think this is normal?

Bit steep for ale maybe, but as lager prices go it's pretty much spot on unless you only ever drink in a Wetherspoons

In ashford i drink in one pub and its 2.09 and in another and its 3-19, the 3-19 is a privatley run pub aswell.

In Newhaven i think the most i have paid is 3.30.

Oct 25, 2003
£3.60/£3.80 is pretty much standard for a shit lager/slightly better lager combo in brighton, if anything its possibly at the cheaper end of the price spectrum

i'd generally expect to pay a bit less than £3.60 for ale though

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
In ashford i drink in one pub and its 2.09 and in another and its 3-19, the 3-19 is a privatley run pub aswell.

In Newhaven i think the most i have paid is 3.30.

We were talking about Brighton.

If you can find a pub in the city that ISN'T a cheapo chain such as Wetherspoons or Yates that does a pint of lager for under three quid then I salute you. However I spend a lot of time drinking in our fair city and I have NOT come across lagers for less than £3.40 - £3.80 in any normal pub (outside of Happy Hours). As others have mentioned it is not uncommon to pay more than £4 for a pint so this rate of £3.60 I think is jolly reasonable for a stadium where the captive customer base has no alternative

Drumstick, I never said you were lieing or that it was not a genuine photo, or that the board was not up at Falmer; just that it didn't look to me like the definitive board that would be in real use.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Really hope that list is wrong. Lacking Heineken and Hophead. Thought there'd be a decent cider too. Prices aren't spectacular but certainly within reason, except 2 quid for a pepsi

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
You should be pleased with 3.80 for a pint. We have $9.50 (about 6 pounds) for an American sized pint (16oz instead of 20) at both the football and baseball stadiums here. There is a lot more choice though (each kiosk has a different choice of 2 taps; there's about 4 crap lagers and 10 decent microbrews, which change each week, spread out around the ground). And it's $4.50 for a bottle of Coke.

(Well it's only $8.50 if you want the Bud Lite or similar, but the extra dollar is worth it for a proper beer).

As for the sign, the numbers do look weirdly aligned/sized/placed in relation to each other. Strange.

Snorfy

Jan 24, 2010
Why is it that everywhere, including it seems the Amex, like to charge excessive prices for soft drinks? Answer, excessive profits!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here