Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dressing Room Activities

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
my experience is that the first appeal to the employer who sacked you originally is very rarely won(none in my working life) but are very often settled just prior to court, I suggest this will be how this one will go

Agree ... legal and lose is uber risky, even a win may do nothing to enhance reputation. Appeal actually becomes a sort of compromise negotiation, particularly agreement to what is said (or more importantly what not said) to the outside world. I've seen stuff written into Compromise agreements that Hans Christian Andersen couldn't have made up

YoungGull

Jun 27, 2013
If charlie and poyet did have a fight say, in a parralel universe who would win the fiery south american or the bald hitman

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, in this parallel universe, when the dust has settled, the alternate version of Charlie, who (in that universe) had a strong disagreement with the fiery manager, might be reinstated..

YoungGull

Jun 27, 2013
So, in this parallel universe, when the dust has settled, the alternate version of Charlie, who (in that universe) had a strong disagreement with the fiery manager, might be reinstated..
But what if in this parallel universe gus was the aggressive party and charlie thumped him in self defense he could still be reinstated?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
But what if in this parallel universe gus was the aggressive party and charlie thumped him in self defense he could still be reinstated?

In reality I've got no idea. I just want this all over and normal bitching about Ashley Barnes to resume.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

unlikely even in the parallel universe, I would guess most companies would take a pretty dim view on fighting, provoked or not.

YoungGull

Jun 27, 2013
unlikely even in the parallel universe, I would guess most companies would take a pretty dim view on fighting, provoked or not.

In parallel universe would u expect the club to sack there manager on tv. ( also as much as i loved gus over the past 3 years most of us will agree he probablly deserved a slap that day)

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In parallel universe would u expect the club to sack there manager on tv. ( also as much as i loved gus over the past 3 years most of us will agree he probablly deserved a slap that day)

Tony Bloom's video would suggest that Gus DID know already.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Tony Bloom's video would suggest that Gus DID know already.

TBs (excellent) video used the word 'impending' to describe the state of play with Gus' dismissal at the time he was on tv. Which clearly means he was aware.

The club statement used the word 'pending' which would indicate Gus was correct to say he was shocked to see it had been announced.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

It would of course depend if there was a virtual person in this parallel world who held a strong dislike for the non Charlie. This person would potentially seek to use the anti-matter to bring a new dimension to the proceedings and exact some closing of the vortex.

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013
Meanwhile, back in the real world I'm amazed this thread has been allowed to continue.

Things being said or hinted at are based on rumour and speculation without any solid evidence bring provided to back them up. If none of this proves to be true it runs the risk of damaging the reputation of someone who doesn't currently have the ability to defend himself.

Based on how loyal that person has been to the club, as far as we all know, I think he's owed a little bit more than that don't you?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Meanwhile, back in the real world I'm amazed this thread has been allowed to continue.

Things being said or hinted at are based on rumour and speculation without any solid evidence bring provided to back them up. If none of this proves to be true it runs the risk of damaging the reputation of someone who doesn't currently have the ability to defend himself.

Based on how loyal that person has been to the club, as far as we all know, I think he's owed a little bit more than that don't you?

True, but if there was an altercation between two people about the attitude of one not caring too much about what had happened after a game and another who was gutted and fuming about it, I'd back the one who lost it because of how much he cared. Maybe I have totally misinterpreted this thread though.

YoungGull

Jun 27, 2013
True, but if there was an altercation between two people about the attitude of one not caring too much about what had happened after a game and another who was gutted and fuming about it, I'd back the one who lost it because of how much he cared. Maybe I have totally misinterpreted this thread though.

You have not.

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013
IF being the operative word. It's just a personal opinion but until that IF is backed up by something solid I think its a disservice to the individual being indicated here. I'd be the same in that IF that is what happened I'd applaud him but IF its not true then who's to say that they wouldn't be totally horrified at the suggestion and could find such rumours damaging either now or in the future.

I don't know which is kind of my point. These sorts of rumours get picked up online all over the place and reported as fact and trying to disprove something is incredibly difficult to do. The accusation of an employee involved in a physical fight with another employee might not be viewed the same by anyone outside of this board. To believe it doesn't have the potential to damage someone's reputation is naive and in the current situation it strikes me as particulary unfair to possibly tarnish someone just to feed the enjoyment of a few people here.

How about we hold off until we know some facts and debate it then? If it proves to be true we can applaud him then and if it doesn't he doesn't get an undeserved reputation, in either direction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here