Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dressing Room Activities

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Think again, there will be no quick solution to the Gus saga as its now more than ever about principle and honour and integrity! As for Charlie, I expect a resolution shortly, possibly triggered by comments made this week.

We don't know for sure if he has officially lodged an appeal yet, this has to be done formally in writing and I don't think saying it on TV counts for much.

I know he sort of appealed to the fans on TV, so maybe he has got the meaning of appeal confused with the legal term and begging.

YoungGull

Jun 27, 2013
No i've been a follower of this forum for sometime and after reading this thread decided to sign up too see if any of you people actually believed what was most likely the speculation of a fat man from charlton.

YoungGull

Jun 27, 2013
We don't know for sure if he has officially lodged an appeal yet, this has to be done formally in writing and I don't think saying it on TV counts for much.

I know he sort of appealed to the fans on TV, so maybe he has got the meaning of appeal confused with the legal term and begging.
I doubt poyet will actually appeal the club wouldn't of acted if they didn't have a water tight case legally and poyets own lawyer would have told him to cut his losses

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I hope not what happens if he wins the appeal? will we be forced to use him alongside garcia? or will we just have to pay him compo to get rid.

His first appeal will be to other directors of the club based on facts seen and anything new gus can add, so unlikely to win you would think but you never know. From there through the courts, which will ultimately be about money if he wins

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
I hope not what happens if he wins the appeal? will we be forced to use him alongside garcia? or will we just have to pay him compo to get rid.

If he wins the appeal, the club may be able to argue that his position (manager) has subsequently become redundant within the organisation, as we now have a head coach. And he can be made redundant again. That is all hypothetical of course...

YoungGull

Jun 27, 2013
If he wins the appeal, the club may be able to argue that his position (manager) has subsequently become redundant within the organisation, as we now have a head coach. And he can be made redundant again. That is all hypothetical of course...
And once we do get rid will he not be able to take the club to court of damages to his professional image ( if he is innocent that is)

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

No chance.

When people win Industrial Court cases for unfair dismissal, although the option of reinstatement can be ordered, its rarely taken up. More often than not, the winning plaintiff trousers a wedge of compensation and walks away. The other popular scenario is an 89th minute settlement before it goes to court, where both parties hammer out a fudge or compromise.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
we are "rid" effectively (regrettably). there is zero chance of gus ever turning up for work at the amex again unless its with another club. If he wins the appeal he will either be paid up the rest of his contract or be put on gardening leave for the rest of the contract (possibly leading to 'constructive dismissal' and a few quid)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

If he appeals, then all the allegations will be of public interest and it will all come out in the public domain. He may end up looking really stupid trying to clear his name even if he does have a chance.

Going quietly now without the fuss will keep all the rumours, just rumours, rather than facts. Personally I think he should have offered his resignation when he was suspended and left on mutual consent. It would have saved himself from being Alan Sugar'd.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Not a chance they get away with that argument. If they wanted to restructure from Manager to Coach there's a well prescribed process they need to follow. He won't win any appeal, the club have as much said by appointing OG

His first appeal will be to other directors of the club based on facts seen and anything new gus can add, so unlikely to win you would think but you never know. From there through the courts, which will ultimately be about money if he wins

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't appeal, but if he does and loses I would be surprised if he took it legal

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
my experience is that the first appeal to the employer who sacked you originally is very rarely won(none in my working life) but are very often settled just prior to court, I suggest this will be how this one will go

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
There's only one way to resolve this

rsz_pirates-of-the-caribbean-sword-fight_388.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here