Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dragons Den

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Buzza said:
Dragons Den
The Apprentice
Agree with those but I'd say the ever-fascinating Who Do You Think You Are? is the best, IMHO. I'm hooked on that Restoration Village too - the bizarre Ptolemy who appears on there has become a minor hero at Harveys Heights.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
a nice "There's nothing to prevent me bringing one of those out tomorrow" from Peter Jones last night...

also a good "You've massively overvalued your business" from Richard...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I see that Bannatyne did a flounce last night. That was hilarious! :rolleyes:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Man of Harveys said:
Agree with those but I'd say the ever-fascinating Who Do You Think You Are? is the best, IMHO.

Is that the the prog where people trace their ancestors? (Barbara Windsor?) I haven't watched any of those yet.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Buzza said:
Is that the the prog where people trace their ancestors? (Barbara Windsor?) I haven't watched any of those yet.
Yup - I think it's fantastic, every time. Even when it's people that you're not that fussed about, like Barbera Windsor.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
afters said:
he's an absolute wanker of the highest order. has his own programme on bbc 4. poor.
The man's a genius - the line between "wanker" and "hero" can be a very thin one:
BIRD WITH GOOD TITS: "Oh look at this Ptolemy!"
PTOMMO "What a lovely bit of coving that is - almost decadent in its rich opulence." *starts painting*
TITS: "Oh look Ptolemy! Wow!"
PTOMMEISTER "Hmm, you can almost SMELL the Victorian philanthropy can't you" *stares at TITS with scary fixed grin*

Although I'm pissed off with that programme: the building I thought would walk it - the White House in Northern Ireland - didn't even make it to the final. :censored:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I do enjoy watching a Dragons Den, but the overall identical story of each week is starting to push me further away. 30 minutes of no chances. 15 minutes of almosts. 15 minutes of the ONE.

The bloke who got the money last night arrived and said he was no topdog in this field so needed some money and their expertise. Then they put him down and said he was rubbish, repeating what he said already. Well done experts, you tried to belittle a man that admitted his weaknesses from the off.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Meade's_Ball said:
I do enjoy watching a Dragons Den, but the overall identical story of each week is starting to push me further away. 30 minutes of no chances. 15 minutes of almosts. 15 minutes of the ONE.

The bloke who got the money last night arrived and said he was no topdog in this field so needed some money and their expertise. Then they put him down and said he was rubbish, repeating what he said already. Well done experts, you tried to belittle a man that admitted his weaknesses from the off.
I totally agree - I normally like the fairly robust nature of that programme but they were just being pointlessly rude to a nice, pretty phlegmatic bloke who'd actually invented something, which a lot more than any of them have ever done. The worst one is that detestable ill-mannered lanky prick who plays tennis outside his kitsch Dallas-style house. Thank god he's balding.

Are you Brightoning this weekend, MEATBALL?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Man of Harveys said:
Although I'm pissed off with that programme: the building I thought would walk it - the White House in Northern Ireland - didn't even make it to the final. :censored:

the northern ireland buildings were wank. the winner needed less restoration than my house! and your fave was a rather unattractive proposition all round i'd say.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
afters said:
the northern ireland buildings were wank. the winner needed less restoration than my house! and your fave was a rather unattractive proposition all round i'd say.
Jesus, you are SO wrong, you ludicrous curmudgeon - that was the best building they've ever had on there!:shootself A sodding CHURCH won instead. :nono:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Man of Harveys said:

Are you Brightoning this weekend, MEATBALL?

I'm afraid i have to find somewhere to live so hunt this weekend. I'd do it after work, but my slightly ill feeling means i have to go to bed at about 6pm each night once work finishes. It does make me a gay binner, but a healthier one.
I'd love to be there and getting up to things.
:(

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Meade's_Ball said:
I'm afraid i have to find somewhere to live so hunt this weekend. I'd do it after work, but my slightly ill feeling means i have to go to bed at about 6pm each night once work finishes. It does make me a gay binner, but a healthier one.
I'd love to be there and getting up to things.
:(
BOOOOOOOOO!

I'm not sure whether to express sorrow at your slightly ill feeling or just call you a BIG GAYER and tell you to come down to Harveys Towers.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
desprateseagull said:
i'd like to see some of the build up to the show- the inventors at work, etc.

or a follow up on any 'deal' - see how it progressed, rather than just a quick recap on the next series..

I'd like to see it done live... with viewers ringing in with pledges/donations - or at least a vote on whether they'd buy the item.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here