Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Downside of making DW manager

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If this run continues and he is replaced by a more experienced manager, will he want to stay? We can ill afford to lose the man who's youngsters form the bulk of the squad now even with a new manager.

I feel the club were a little hasty in confirming him as manager, panicked into it even?

Long term planning can't be easy, and Falmer has to be a big part of the reason, but the board do seem to be dropping the ball a little to often these days.

No investment in players, despite the bluster about money being available. Need to cut down on the spin or act.
Extra seats that weren't necessary with the lack of commitment to staying in the Championship
Fan power being used as an excuse to sack a manager, dangerous precedent imo.
Perry "losing it" on the phone in
etc etc

To lose DW as well will be more bad news, really hope he can turn it round with some investment for loan players at least.

D

Deleted member 2719

How suprising the Pro MM brigade get stuck in to his replacement.

If his name was Peter Ward you would probably give a season of straight losses.

Just give the Albion fan Wilkins a chance to form his own side rather than trying to gain instant Success with the squad MM has left him with.

Keep the Faith.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Mouldy Boots said:
How suprising the Pro MM brigade get stuck in to his replacement.

If his name was Peter Ward you would probably give a season of straight losses.

Just give the Albion fan Wilkins a chance to form his own side rather than trying to gain instant Success with the squad MM has left him with.

Keep the Faith.

He has my full backing and has done since he was appointed, so you are wrong there, just questioning the wisdom, of not waiting a little longer before confirming him until the end of the season. If he had been left on trial for longer it would have made it less of a loss of faith in him to bring in someone of experience if things don't improve.

I am NOT calling for his head.

Last edited:

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
I think the club appointed him at the wrong time. If he was the right man for the job, then Dick should have appointed him after the good start that he had, not waited until we'd lost three on the spin to confirm his appointment.

He is the wrong man for this job, a good coach, but that doesn't mean that he's going to be a good manager. The club should have appointed a manager with experience, someone with contacts in the game and someone who's going to bring the fans through the turnstiles. Someone like Brian Little, Dave Penney or Joe Royale

D

Deleted member 2719

Icy Gull said:
He has my full backing and has done since he was appointed, so you are wrong there, just questioning the wisdom, of not waiting a little longer before confirming him until the end of the season. If he had been left on trial for longer it would have made it less of a loss of faith in him to bring in someone of experience if things don't improve.

I am NOT calling for his head.

With a contract to the end of the season he has a bit of breathing space to form his own squad and then he can be fully judged.

But because some fans want instant results it now has put him on the same scenario of before making him and therefore the players all edgy.

Let's get behind him properly and lift the team and be that extra man we so desperately need at the moment.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
to be fair , i never really was anti mcghee and generally stuck behind him. Wilkins however , Im prepared to back but I dont think hes up to it and is out his depth unfortunately

D

Deleted User X18H

He appears to be shit at it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
hove born&bred said:

:lolol: :lolol:

trouble is, can we really afford to give him time when we are currently sliding back into league two, shattering any confidence these young players have and driving fans away by the hundreds

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Simple solution move Dean White back to Chief Scout and bring in old head as Dean Wilkins assistant and leave DW as the tracksuit manager. Like Watford did with Keith Burkimshaw.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
FFS get the clown out before its too late great guy,good coach..good manager..we dont have the time to play silly games..this isnt champ manager..get a real manager in beofre the club goes down the pan!

Well done to all those fans who called for MM out..how stupid do you look now!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The kindest thing would be to out him out of his misery before he suffers much more, its only humane.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
BensGrandad said:
As a reporter said in the Daily Telegraph recently ' fans dont get managers sacked its players that do'

Quite clearly not true in our case though, As we didn't look that bad as a team.

caz

Aug 10, 2005
Think DW could work as manager but Dean White should have gone, because he is the one pushing for certain players to play. Who are shit.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
caz said:
Think DW could work as manager but Dean White should have gone, because he is the one pushing for certain players to play. Who are shit.

i heard this as well - apparently he doesnt rate robinson, and that could explain why jake has not been started recently, despite looking very sharp in the opening games

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What exactly does Dean White contribute to the set up ???

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
caz said:

I hope that is bollocks, what's the assistant doing picking the team? :eek:

Aug 2, 2004
SW France
hove born&bred said:

here here!!!!
NEVER seen such a pile of shit put on the striped and I've watched them for over 40 years....sack DW before we end up trying to fill a 22000 seater stadium in the Conference:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here