Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doves

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
What a week! Victory at Colchester and demolition of Oldham. Sandwiched between it's Doves at the Dome. Kingdom of Rust is a stonker of an album so I can't wait for Thursday evening :yahoo:

Bat for lashes might be interesting too, might have 2 different audiences on the night?

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Surely some NSCers are going tomorrow night, it is a sell-out after all.

Or perhaps none of you appreciate decent music? :wave:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'll be there - didn't know Bat for Lashes were the support though. Their album is one the best this year so I'll definitely get there to see them as well. I saw them support Radiohead last year at Victoria Park, and they are quite an interesting group to see - great vocals. Enjoy the gig.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Saw them in Pompey last month. Very good performance, shame about the audience! Think the problem was they were playing tracks from the new album before it was released...

Hopefully it'll be better in Brighton. Seeing them in Southampton in a couple of weeks!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have a spare ticket to see Doves in Manchester at the Academy if anyone is interested!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That was just a f***ing great gig.:bowdown:

It certainly was. A real slow burner and the first half was a bit dirgy and worthy and reminded me why I didn't often listen to them. It was shoegazer guitar but just didn't "bite" for me.

But then in the second half of the gig they really let rip and gave it some welly. Far more indie, far more anthem-like and that encore just blew me away. Great stuff.

Nice to hear more than one or two chants of Seagulls!

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Yep top gig. I got a bit overexcited during 'Pounding' and knocked over my pint of Dark Star :dunce:

Definitely a few Seagulls chants in there, i tried at one point but it was kinda difficult up on the far fringe of the circle seats

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
superb gig. bit of a low key start but when they got going, man they really caught fire! top encore. loved the samba flourish to finish!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I was there last night and they were top...Shame there was no 'Cedar Room' but there was a good mix of old and new stuff.

Anyone see the support band?...They were utter gash!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here