Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dougie has gone!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Look at the Croydon Advertiser's poll, on who should take over. Big laughs at a couple of the names who they are kidding themselves would want the job.

Anyone who takes over over knows it is only downhill from here. Freedman put a streaky run together and bailed out asap. He knew (or suspected) Zaha was off in January - and from the outside it looks like it is Zaha who has galvanised the team.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Di Canio might. Swindon are a right noddy club. Yes, even more noddy than Palace.

I reckon they have a bigger budget than Palace, and a better chance of putting another promotion on Paolo's CV.

I'd actually quite like it to happen in some ways, though. the clash of his and Parish's egos would be EPIC.

His delicate handling of Glenn Murray's fragile persona would be interesting, too!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Freedman has gone because he may have been told Wilfs going in January and he will get diddly squat to spend from the fee.

No money, No New stadium on the horizon, No future at Palace, who can blame the Palarse through & through Freedman..

from the Telegraph.

The London club are now considering offering their former manager Steve Coppell the chance to return. :ffsparr:

Freedman will not be in charge for Palace's trip to Barnsley on Tuesday night. It is expected he will take charge of Bolton for the first time on Saturday, when they travel to Middlesbrough.

Mark Bright, the former Palace striker, is a friend of chairman Steve Parish and it is understood that he could either play a role in the recruitment of a new manager or even form part of the new coaching team.

Bright has no coaching badges but could be partnered with Coppell :ffsparr:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
.I reckon they will end up with Portsmouth's Appleton, who i reckon has potential. Still so funny DF has left them though!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Freedman has gone because he may have been told Wilfs going in January and he will get diddly squat to spend from the fee.

No money, No New stadium on the horizon, No future at Palace, who can blame the Palarse through & through Freedman..

from the Telegraph.

The London club are now considering offering their former manager Steve Coppell the chance to return. :ffsparr:

Freedman will not be in charge for Palace's trip to Barnsley on Tuesday night. It is expected he will take charge of Bolton for the first time on Saturday, when they travel to Middlesbrough.

Mark Bright, the former Palace striker, is a friend of chairman Steve Parish and it is understood that he could either play a role in the recruitment of a new manager or even form part of the new coaching team.

Bright has no coaching badges but could be partnered with Coppell :ffsparr:

I could see Coppell standing in until Xmas thats about as long as he usually last' s in a job before quitting, then bringing in someone in January.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
There's a new thread on BBS titled Sign In Here if you are not that bothered.

Some guy called Mr Palace said "Treacherous wanker.

My faith in football has officially evaporated."

Hmm you can see he's really not that bothered.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I hope they get a HARD TASKMASTER. Who SHOUTS at them a lot. The mardy-arsed northern Judas should respond nicely to that.

Can you not go to their training and pretend Murray's a 'lino'? That should be good enough.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
"He leaves one of the best academies in English football, the best fans in English football, one of the best squads in the league, the best owners and the hottest prospect in English football; he left it all for money.

He is dead to me now"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"He leaves one of the best academies in English football, the best fans in English football, one of the best squads in the league, the best owners and the hottest prospect in English football; he left it all for money.

He is dead to me now"

I thought Pompey had the best fans in football. Maybe you've got to be shit to have that title, I know we touted ourselves as the best during the dark years.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
This shows that the only expected thing in football, is the unexpected!
I didn't think he would go there, it will be a pressure job, and the fans won't cut him any slack, but he's financially set up now.
Thanks for the memories , but now a new chapter begins, Up the Palace !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here