Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dougie Freedman - Serial Bullshitter?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
After the obvious Lies during the Murray saga about Palace's motives... it seems the Palace manager is at it again.

reports on Monday (below) say Freedman definitely held talks on Monday with Earnshaw about a move to Palarse.....

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23960673-crystal-palace-target-rob-earnshaw.do

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/sport.cfm?id=21593&headline=Eagles%20wait%20for%20Earnshaw%20response

But then one day later when its all over the press, cat out the bag, History looks like its repeating itself again and Freedman, rather than admit it, reverts to type and simply starts bullshitting about his motives and the meeting.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/9084837.Freedman_cool_on_Earnshaw_link/

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15062011/63/freedman-dismisses-earnshaw-rumours.html

We all know there is no class at all in SE25, and it seems the helmet at the helm wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the arse.

Is Freedman a bullshitter?

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Don't particularly like the bloke, but hardly surprising that he wants to put a smoke screen around his transfer targets in the press.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The same bullshit as Poyet would talk, look what he says in the press today

“Anthony needs to understand where the club is at right now.

“Financially we’re not in a very strong position and we are cutting our cloth to the size of club we are and the sort of fanbase we’ve got to try and scrap in this division.

“If Anthony can understand that and come on board then fantastic.”

Sound familiar? ie. trying to disuade scounts from setting high fees like we've been trying to do/did last year. Although granted this would be framed in a more positive light from Poyet/Bloom rather than 'not in a strong position' and 'scrap'.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
no no no no , he is obviously not a bullshitter at all , he is obviously built of the utmost moral fibre , obviously...!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
no no no no , he is obviously not a bullshitter at all , he is obviously built of the utmost moral fibre , obviously...!

I'd like that above statement to be true!! but it confuses the message from Palace fans that there owners are rolling in it!!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Don't particularly like the bloke, but hardly surprising that he wants to put a smoke screen around his transfer targets in the press.

Exactly. As much as I love slating all things Palace, you can hardly criticise a manager for keeping quiet and denying runours about transfer targets can you

Eastbourne

Jun 4, 2011
I'd like that above statement to be true!! but it confuses the message from Palace fans that there owners are rolling in it!!

It's exactly what I'd do. Most people in football think you're skint, so they're less likely to ask for stupid wages. Their chairmen are multi-billionaires, so they can't be skint can they?

Why would you want to come out and announce that you're suddenly rich?
It's obvious he's lying in this case, but he probably knows that. He's just trying to distract people.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's exactly what I'd do. Most people in football think you're skint, so they're less likely to ask for stupid wages. Their chairmen are multi-billionaires, so they can't be skint can they?

It's obvious he's lying in this case, but he probably knows that. He's just trying to distract people.

It's overtly negative though, and it cant be attractive to players seeing that sort of quote in the press. Whilst Poyet has made similar statements its always framed in terms like, we'll have a budget to be competetive for mid-table. Competetive, not scrap. Scrapping sounds horrendous.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

yeh it's what i would do too , but freedman is still a serial bullshitting twatt......i hope he takes the pikeys DOWN this season , that way at least muzz will have a couple of good seasons before he fucks off back to ullswater fc or windermere athletic or who ever the f*** he's yearning for up there.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
They are. But what they are willing to spend on CPFC is a different matter. It makes me laugh when people say that their club is worth £xm. Er, it's not, it's only worth what the onwer wants to spend, and even then it's usually a loan.

CPFC4Life7.

May 19, 2011
yeh it's what i would do too , but freedman is still a serial bullshitting twatt......i hope he takes the pikeys DOWN this season , that way at least muzz will have a couple of good seasons before he fucks off back to ullswater fc or windermere athletic or who ever the f*** he's yearning for up there.

Dream on you deluded :tosser:

I can understand BHA fans wanting to slate all things associated with Palace, but I can hardly understand why one wouldn't want their manager to put a "smoke screen" around potential transfer targets.

Also, can understand why you wouldn't like the Doog. Scored almost every time we played you mugs :thumbsup:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Never liked the bloke since he scored twice when they beat us at home. The one when they only brought 400 fans

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
After the obvious Lies during the Murray saga about Palace's motives... it seems the Palace manager is at it again.

reports on Monday (below) say Freedman definitely held talks on Monday with Earnshaw about a move to Palarse.....

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23960673-crystal-palace-target-rob-earnshaw.do

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/sport.cfm?id=21593&headline=Eagles%20wait%20for%20Earnshaw%20response

But then one day later when its all over the press, cat out the bag, History looks like its repeating itself again and Freedman, rather than admit it, reverts to type and simply starts bullshitting about his motives and the meeting.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/9084837.Freedman_cool_on_Earnshaw_link/

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15062011/63/freedman-dismisses-earnshaw-rumours.html

We all know there is no class at all in SE25, and it seems the helmet at the helm wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the arse.

Is Freedman a bullshitter?

He's not said anything that you wouldn't want Gus to say if it helped secure a transfer, or I suppose if he did you'd call him cunning.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
He's only signed one player and none of us really know if we've actually offered contracts to these players so how can he be a bullshitter?

He said in his original statement about Murray that he didn't think we could afford him, later it turned out we could...

Let's not forget it's pretty disrespectful to other clubs to state that you're interested in their player unless you have complete intent of signing them.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
He said in his original statement about Murray that he didn't think we could afford him, later it turned out we could...

Ha! Since when did it matter if your thieving club could afford things? Hasn't bothered you before, has it. Don't worry, just overspend again and do the old admin trick for the tenth time in 5 yrs. Palace mug.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Never liked the bloke since he scored twice when they beat us at home. The one when they only brought 400 fans
Of course we did,must have heard DOUGAL was there.Please tell me that is not your real name.LMAO

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Ha! Since when did it matter if your thieving club could afford things? Hasn't bothered you before, has it. Don't worry, just overspend again and do the old admin trick for the tenth time in 5 yrs. Palace mug.
OOh Palace mug,yet another hardman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here