Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Doom and gloom...

We are doomed if...

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't really see that. All the players who got us into Europe in the first place were signed before De Zerbi arrived. And there's no reason at this point to think we won't sign good players this window now he's gone.
The new head coach will have to sign up to not having ideas above their station. Any truly ambitious head coach will have their wings clipped as surely as RDZ did. Sadly TB's neat and tidy business model is becoming increasingly adrift from a sustainable EPL football model ie you recruit and RETAIN personnel to allow you to mount a challenge to the existing order. We're just treading water and hoping we don't go under

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
The new head coach will have to sign up to not having ideas above their station. Any truly ambitious head coach will have their wings clipped as surely as RDZ did. Sadly TB's neat and tidy business model is becoming increasingly adrift from a sustainable EPL football model ie you recruit and RETAIN personnel to allow you to mount a challenge to the existing order. We're just treading water and hoping we don't go under
Perhaps a bit harsh but it certainly seems there is some truth to this. If we're in relegation form by November, or worse January, it's panic stations and surely the model has to go out of the window for survival.

Somethingdean

May 18, 2019
Listen, if we get relegated it's not the end of the world.
If we get relegated again, it's not the end of the world, but it's worrying.
If we get relegated again, I'm not saying it'll be the end of the world but it will mean Milton Keynes.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Given De Zerbi spent most of his first season talking about how Caicedo and MacAllister were both going to be out the door the moment the summer transfer window opened, I'm not sure how he ever represented a clean break from what came before him as far as the club's model was concerned.

There's a difference between treading water desparately until you inevitably drown, and pausing to take stock before going again. I'm sure at some point we'll get relegated, but I don't see any reason why we can't be pushing to a similar level we were last season or the early stages of this one in a year or two. And then another couple of key players are sold, and the cycle starts again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Given De Zerbi spent most of his first season talking about how Caicedo and MacAllister were both going to be out the door the moment the summer transfer window opened, I'm not sure how he ever represented a clean break from what came before him as far as the club's model was concerned.

There's a difference between treading water desparately until you inevitably drown, and pausing to take stock before going again. I'm sure at some point we'll get relegated, but I don't see any reason why we can't be pushing to a similar level we were last season or the early stages of this one in a year or two. And then another couple of key players are sold, and the cycle starts again.
Let's wait and see how many of the remaining family jewels get sold over the Summer and replaced with a slightly cheaper inferior model shall we?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Let's wait and see how many of the remaining family jewels get sold over the Summer and replaced with a slightly cheaper inferior model shall we?
When you say "let's wait and see", does that apply to people saying we're doomed and the club's going down the drain, or do you only mean people saying that things are basically fine and will probably work out in the end? :lolol:

Arnold

Mar 10, 2024
West Sussex
The OP is the other account of Chailey Jem who's on a wind up.
Also, no mention of the whole squad being injured. Or the imminent appointment of Big Sam

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The clubs model means they have to sell at least 1 player for a decent fee to oil the wheels and Mitoma fits that bill. Hopefully however if Undav and Sima are sold along with some fringe players that will suffice ( although I would rather we kept Undav )

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
The clubs model means they have to sell at least 1 player for a decent fee to oil the wheels and Mitoma fits that bill. Hopefully however if Undav and Sima are sold along with some fringe players that will suffice ( although I would rather we kept Undav )
Andy Naylor has frequently stated the club has no need to sell, mostly to allow us to command bigger fees. Not sure this summer will be any different, meaning someone will go for a good fee (beyond Undav).

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Oh FFS. Some people are never happy unless they’ve something to moan about. And if there’s nothing to moan about, let’s invent a long list of bad things so that we can play-act at moaning. You do my head in.
Like I said it was a bit of fun and I don't recall moaning about anything in this thread anywhere, i'm only hypothesising (and having fun with it at that, like I said in the first comment). I'm sure the club are doing it too!

As far as I can see, you're the only one moaning @Colonel Mustard.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
When we make record EPL profits and likely again this year, that's simply not true. We don't need to sell, but I bet we do

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sorry but we're not doomed all the time Uncle Tone is at the helm

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Reading NSC lately I'm beginning to understand why the season tickets were sold in February and not July ! oh woe is us.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here