Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Doom and gloom...

We are doomed if...

• Total voters

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
"Doomed" was meant with a pinch of salt, of course. I suppose i'm suggesting that many of these factors could happen at once and I don't think as fans we've considered what that could look like. Far be it from me to suggest how people should feel, but I feel we should be careful to rest on our laurels, I felt that back in February and I feel it now.

The club needs to consider its overall strategy to breathe some life into the adventure. I can understand the club's reluctance to break from their model but if things don't improve soon they might have to. It's that old stick or twist scenario.

The irony is that the club might be forced to break from their model before that happens, in spite of De Zerbi's insistence. As other's have said, it could be that it was the nature of his comments and his poor form from January that sealed his fate, not necessarily whether his views on transfers clashed with those of the club. I'm sure the club have no issue with signing ready-made players as the Athletic have reported, just not De Zerbi's choices!
The club won't have to change their model soon. Its worked well and has got us where we are. I appreciate that you've only supported the club since they've been in the prem, that's not a dig at you, but it does give you a different perspective to a lot of older fans. To say "if things don't improve soon then they might have to ditch the model" seems strange to strange to a fan who has seen the club rise from its lowest point. A bad six months is not a reason to throw out a model that not only got us to the prem and but to our highest point in the clubs history. You have to accept that you can't have success constantly. Even the big clubs like Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd and Arsenal don't do it every season. They have ups and downs. Arguably that's what we're experiencing now, but have faith in the club and the model that has got us where we are. We'll come good again.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
I appreciate that you've only supported the club since they've been in the prem, that's not a dig at you, but it does give you a different perspective to a lot of older fans.
I would argue that my perspective is no different to the older fans since, believe it or not, and call it twisted if you like, I was on the terraces at Edgar Street supporting Hereford Utd until 1997. I'm all too aware of the clubs' contrasting fortunes. I'll never forget the steaming urinal wall... happy days!
I only joined NSC in 2020 but actually started supporting Brighton in their last season in the Championship when I came to Sussex Uni to do a Masters. Admittedly, I didn't go to many games, but have since the 18/19 season once my son was old enough to be interested. We've been STHs since Covid.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
have faith in the club and the model that has got us where we are. We'll come good again.
I have every faith in the club and the model, but we've not been in this position before. Other clubs like Chelsea and Palace have responded to our model and that makes it infinitely harder to rise above that competition if the model stays the same. Unless, TB has a wildcard up his sleeve I think we'll have a tough season. When was the last time the club had a turn in fortunes?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I would argue that my perspective is no different to the older fans since, believe it or not, and call it twisted if you like, I was on the terraces at Edgar Street supporting Hereford Utd until 1997. I'm all too aware of the clubs' contrasting fortunes. I'll never forget the steaming urinal wall... happy days!
I only joined NSC in 2020 but actually started supporting Brighton in their last season in the Championship when I came to Sussex Uni to do a Masters. Admittedly, I didn't go to many games, but have since the 18/19 season once my son was old enough to be interested. We've been STHs since Covid.
JCL Ultra!!!!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Let’s just see how things pan out……
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here