Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dont slate me too much but...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I've lived in North Wales for nearly 8 years. I kept my withdean season ticket for a couple of years but gave it up when they insisted I move to the family stand and to be honest the 600 mile round trip is a drag. I tried going to see local teams when Albion were not in the vicinity (Liverpool/Everton/Wrexham even Man Ure once) but I just can't get into games if I'm a neutral and spend most of the time checking the Albion score on my phone.

I must have been the only person walking out of Everton's home end with a face like a slapped arse after Wayne Rooney's debut wondergoal v Arsenal as we had lost 4-1 to Notts County!

They only time I have supported a team other than the Albion was when I went to Tranmere when they played Reading in the fixture Reading had to lose or draw for us to get promoted to the championship (finished 2-2) and wound up the Reading fans with my "We are going up" Albion flag!

I just have to be happy with any away fixtures within 150 miles or so (that's quite a few) and half a dozen or so trips to withdean a season.

:albion2:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I've lived in North Wales for nearly 8 years. I kept my withdean season ticket for a couple of years but gave it up when they insisted I move to the family stand and to be honest the 600 mile round trip is a drag. I tried going to see local teams when Albion were not in the vicinity (Liverpool/Everton/Wrexham even Man Ure once) but I just can't get into games if I'm a neutral and spend most of the time checking the Albion score on my phone.

I must have been the only person walking out of Everton's home end with a face like a slapped arse after Wayne Rooney's debut wondergoal v Arsenal as we had lost 4-1 to Notts County!

They only time I have supported a team other than the Albion was when I went to Tranmere when they played Reading in the fixture Reading had to lose or draw for us to get promoted to the championship (finished 2-2) and wound up the Reading fans with my "We are going up" Albion flag!

I just have to be happy with any away fixtures within 150 miles or so (that's quite a few) and half a dozen or so trips to withdean a season.

:albion2:

Thats a tuff call you got there, at least when i lived in wigan there are plenty of north west teams or very good motorway and rail links from wigan and manchester. Respect for keeping the faith though :whisky:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Same situation with me at uni and following Aberystwyth Town, although I spose being a different country's league pyramid makes it more "forgivable". Although it wasn't really a case of when I couldn't get to games, as due to Aber's remoteness and playing sports/working, Albion games were pretty much a rarity.

I don't see the harm - supporting local football wherever you are, and a good way to get involved with the local community.
Ditto for me, my other team is Merthyr Tydfil......but my affection for Merthyr is very, very secondery to that of the mighty Seagulls!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was an avid follower of Oxford United. I went to a fair few games. My favourite being a 4-3 defeat of Rotherham at The Manor. Manny Omiyimni scored a belter in front of the home fans. Things declined when Kassam made it clear that he was in it for the money as opposed to football. Utter **** that chap.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I've been a regular at Coventry City,Man City,Stockport (they played on Friday) and Lincoln City..............but if the Albion were within reach these teams were dropped soon as so that i could see the real thing.And as some have said,twas only because of having little money,or family responsibilities.

Generally,watching other teams is an emotion neutral event.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
I have lived in Sussex for 14 years, Im a Swindon fan, through work went to withdean a couple of times, was ok watching football and always looked out for your results until that f***ing night of thunder storms and misery :) Now I hope you lose each week. Bitter? damn right. Football fan? naturally.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if there is no albion away game worth going to and gloucester are away from home, ill often go and watch cheltenham play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here