Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dont slate me too much but...

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I watched Liverpool for 7 years - they are still my second team. However when we played them in the cup in 1991 I sat in the away end (i.e. Albion).

Nothing wrong with watching or even supporting another team, as long as you remember who your real team is.

I hope Derby gull is not an English student - thort ?

haha Crime + Justice student, and ive got spellcheck on my side :thumbsup:

ive been hangin round the new generation too long

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
i take my girlfriend to it some games and she suggested when we were watching vs dagenham last sat, that we buy the notts home shirt to feel more part of it, so ive been looking on ebay for some cheap second hand notts shirts. i cant believe im doing this, it feels so wrong!!!

and i think im starting to hav feeling for notts and forgetting about who i really love, it feels like im cheating on my wife. How can something so wrong feel so right, IM COMMITING FOOTBALL SIN!!

I NEED HELP!!!!!

:ohmy:

How many Brighton games have you actually been to? If it's not many I say again I reckon you'll end up a County fan. They have the makings of a great team and season and you are VERY likely to get sucked in....:wave:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
During my enforced time in the north, Wigan to be honest i used to go and support any southern team (palace never played them,before someone chips in) that went to springfield park for about 3 seasons.Only when i could not get to any northern Albion games or was not down visting relatives etc. Then i moved into a student house in Rusholme (manchester student city) and we would go to away games together one mate a pompey fan,one mate a maidstone fan, one mate a stoke fan, and of course the Albion which was fun and everynow and again we would go along to main rd.

At the end of the day NO TEAM WILL REPLACE THEE ALBION

and a cheer for another team is the same as watching it on tv and going thats a good goal, plus also if they get humilated you just turn to the bloke or your mate next to you and say "god there shit aint they, i support BRIGHTON.........YOUR SHIT NAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"

childish but true dont ya think

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
the answer sirsockystewart to 'do i cheer when notts score' is yes, but when albion score i go mental, theres the dividing line. I cheer for notts cos they're entertaining me and ive got a soft spot for them, but its not the same as wen albion score, then i become like someone possessed :)

Fair does it then.:)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
During my enforced time in the north, Wigan to be honest i used to go and support any southern team (palace never played them,before someone chips in) that went to springfield park for about 3 seasons.Only when i could not get to any northern Albion games or was not down visting relatives etc. Then i moved into a student house in Rusholme (manchester student city) and we would go to away games together one mate a pompey fan,one mate a maidstone fan, one mate a stoke fan, and of course the Albion which was fun and everynow and again we would go along to main rd.

and a cheer for another team is the same as watching it on tv and going thats a good goal, plus also if they get humilated you just turn to the bloke or your mate next to you and say "god there shit aint they, i support BRIGHTON.........YOUR SHIT NAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"

:lolol:

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
I live in MK and have seen they about 6 times over the past three years. It's not like the Albion but a footy fix all the same. When we play em I am in the away end mind.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Name dropper :laugh:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Name dropper :laugh:

I used to wear the old Brighton TSB top to wigans matches and cheer when the other teams scored in there home end ..... :laugh:

No one ever said owt to me (might of had something to do with the fact, i knew all there hardcore skins, they liked me because i was a southerner and they liked my accent) :p

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
How many Brighton games have you actually been to? If it's not many I say again I reckon you'll end up a County fan. They have the makings of a great team and season and you are VERY likely to get sucked in....:wave:

im a 27 yr old 'mature' stoodent, so i've been supporting albion all my life growing up there (hollingdean) going to the odd games, but i really got into them in 2004 and started watching them mostly away about 10/15 games per season and have been so ever since up until last season when money was tighter and i bought a half season ticket for notts 13 games for £80, so i'll always be albion through and through, notts will never replace them, they're just my temporary fix, until i get uni out the way and i've got a good job and money, then i'll follow my real team again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
im a 27 yr old 'mature' stoodent, so i've been supporting albion all my life growing up there (hollingdean) going to the odd games, but i really got into them in 2004 and started watching them mostly away about 10/15 games per season and have been so ever since up until last season when money was tighter and i bought a half season ticket for notts 13 games for £80, so i'll always be albion through and through, notts will never replace them, they're just my temporary fix, until i get uni out the way and i've got a good job and money, then i'll follow my real team again.

:thumbsup: it seems you are a prisoner for life

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I used to watch Enfield when they played at Southbury Road in the early to mid 90s. Eventful and entertaining stuff with promotion campaigns, FA Trophy cup runs and regular giant killings of league opponents in the FA Cup. Never the same as the Albion though and when both clubs were facing an abyss in 97, there was never any question where may loyalty lay.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I supported Glasgow Rangers as a small boy, it wasnt a choice it was a given. I didnt go and see them very often a i was too young. I moved to Brighton (Hollingbury) when i was 8 years old and took a passing interest in Brighton. Within a couple of years i had started going to The Goldstone with my mates and became hooked.
I moved to Peacehaven when i was 11 and became friends with other kids who went to Brighton and so carried on going. I supported Brighton through some fantastic times, and also through the dark days, i had a season ticket at The Pissfield and also at Withdean. When i eventually moved back to Scotland, i thought i would get a season ticket at Ibrox, I went to a couple of friendlies in my first summer back, games vs A.C. Milan and Leeds Utd but something was missing i just couldnt feel passionate about Rangers, i know these were only friendlies but id felt passionate about Brighton during friendlies. The Ibrox season ticket never materialised and instead id find myself in places like Bramall Lane, Hillsborough, Oakwell, Elland Road, JJB the list goes on, all because Brighton were there.
Ive been to see other sides like Hamilton, and Motherwell but like Psychobilly said when they got beat i wasnt bothered i just thought this lot are shit.
I guess what im saying is without feeling the passion you might as well be watching on the telly.

Your football team is for life!

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
If you love the game of football, then there isn't a problem, it is just like watching a team on the telly.

Some people can't afford to pay to get down here when it is far away. 2 games would cost this guy the price of his season ticket, it wouldn't make sense. I'd do the same.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Same situation with me at uni and following Aberystwyth Town, although I spose being a different country's league pyramid makes it more "forgivable". Although it wasn't really a case of when I couldn't get to games, as due to Aber's remoteness and playing sports/working, Albion games were pretty much a rarity.

I don't see the harm - supporting local football wherever you are, and a good way to get involved with the local community.

:thumbsup:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I had a ST at the Lane between 1999 & 2002 :jester:.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I supported Glasgow Rangers as a small boy, it wasnt a choice it was a given. I didnt go and see them very often a i was too young. I moved to Brighton (Hollingbury) when i was 8 years old and took a passing interest in Brighton. Within a couple of years i had started going to The Goldstone with my mates and became hooked.
I moved to Peacehaven when i was 11 and became friends with other kids who went to Brighton and so carried on going. I supported Brighton through some fantastic times, and also through the dark days, i had a season ticket at The Pissfield and also at Withdean. When i eventually moved back to Scotland, i thought i would get a season ticket at Ibrox, I went to a couple of friendlies in my first summer back, games vs A.C. Milan and Leeds Utd but something was missing i just couldnt feel passionate about Rangers, i know these were only friendlies but id felt passionate about Brighton during friendlies. The Ibrox season ticket never materialised and instead id find myself in places like Bramall Lane, Hillsborough, Oakwell, Elland Road, JJB the list goes on, all because Brighton were there.
Ive been to see other sides like Hamilton, and Motherwell but like Psychobilly said when they got beat i wasnt bothered i just thought this lot are shit.
I guess what im saying is without feeling the passion you might as well be watching on the telly.

Your football team is for life!
yeah yeah yeah

ya still cant bloody DRINK though me old china :smile:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
When living in Suffolk for 28 years I watched and supported Ipswich except when they played Brighton Was lucky enough to watch the Bobby Robson era with Frans Thijssen, Arnie Muhren, Eric Gates, Alan Brazil, John Wark, and Terry Butcher etc. What a squad. However, despite all that my heart remained with The Albion and now back in Sussex supporting them.

:bowdown::bowdown:

That was a marvellous Ipswich side! Similar to you, Brighton are my side, but I will always have a huge affection for that team that Bobby Robson built in East Anglia.

Attachments

• ipswich-home-shirt-1981-to-1984-s_13057_1_500x400.jpg
    ipswich-home-shirt-1981-to-1984-s_13057_1_500x400.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 67

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
i bought a season ticket for Notts County this season (way Before Sven arrived) as i cant get to any albion home games and hardly any away games, and with being a student and hard up, i thort £155 for a Student Season ticket sounded a bargain, with Derby, Forest, Burton all charging more than double, the choice was a no brainer, and i've been to see Notts many times since ive lived up here and when theres not been an albion game locally.

wot i want to know is does any brighton fan either living away from brighton or has at some point lived away from brighton ever supported there local team ??

if so which team??

and does anyone think its a traitorous thing to do??

oh i will be taking other neutral fans with me from time to time so at least thats not so bad
Yeah i pop and see reading sometimes and went to reading v chelsea friendly in which chelsea where giving it large:lolol:

Attachments

• Photo99.jpg
    Photo99.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 69

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here