Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dont slate me too much but...

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
i bought a season ticket for Notts County this season (way Before Sven arrived) as i cant get to any albion home games and hardly any away games, and with being a student and hard up, i thort £155 for a Student Season ticket sounded a bargain, with Derby, Forest, Burton all charging more than double, the choice was a no brainer, and i've been to see Notts many times since ive lived up here and when theres not been an albion game locally.

wot i want to know is does any brighton fan either living away from brighton or has at some point lived away from brighton ever supported there local team ??

if so which team??

and does anyone think its a traitorous thing to do??

oh i will be taking other neutral fans with me from time to time so at least thats not so bad

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You'll be a County fan by the end of the season

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Same situation with me at uni and following Aberystwyth Town, although I spose being a different country's league pyramid makes it more "forgivable". Although it wasn't really a case of when I couldn't get to games, as due to Aber's remoteness and playing sports/working, Albion games were pretty much a rarity.

I don't see the harm - supporting local football wherever you are, and a good way to get involved with the local community.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
i bought a season ticket for Notts County this season (way Before Sven arrived) as i cant get to any albion home games and hardly any away games, and with being a student and hard up, i thort £155 for a Student Season ticket sounded a bargain, with Derby, Forest, Burton all charging more than double, the choice was a no brainer, and i've been to see Notts many times since ive lived up here and when theres not been an albion game locally.

wot i want to know is does any brighton fan either living away from brighton or has at some point lived away from brighton ever supported there local team ??

if so which team??

and does anyone think its a traitorous thing to do??

oh i will be taking other neutral fans with me from time to time so at least thats not so bad

:wanker:

:jester:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't see a problem with it. If I lived away from Sussex, I'd still want a live football "fix" now and then, although I dunno if I'd go as far as actually getting a season ticket for another club (mind you, £155 is nothing so I don't blame you in that respect).

Should be a fascinating season at County, be interested to hear a neutrals take on it, if you're going to chuck a few posts on here. Just remember who your REAL club is though.

:thumbsup:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
i dont think there is a problem with it at all! aslong as they are not in the same league.

It would be great if some of the students from sussex and brighton did the same! especailly when we are out falmer!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Is it really more than double for forest? It was £80 for a student season ticket there when I was a student (5 years ago)... I still went to Brighton matches... In fact it's ideally placed for away matches.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well done DerbyGull , at least you haven't turned into a plastic , watching Manu , Liverpool , Chelsea or Arsenal from the comfort of your armchair or the special treat of watching them on a big screen at the local pub.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Of course your real team is where your from and no team will ever take over Albion thats a given. But need the football fix and Notss provided for me up here, they even provide a nice stadium something not used to growing up with withdean.

the answer sirsockystewart to 'do i cheer when notts score' is yes, but when albion score i go mental, theres the dividing line. I cheer for notts cos they're entertaining me and ive got a soft spot for them, but its not the same as wen albion score, then i become like someone possessed :)

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Never been a problem to me. Born & raised in Brighton with my father taking me to the Goldstone as a 5 year old [1951/2]. Moved from Portslade to Hertfordshire in 1973 & when not working came back to Brighton or [even easier] away games until late 1980's. When Stevenage were promoted to the Conference in 1995 I thought I would try that. Enjoyed the friendly atmosphere of non-league & stuck with it. Still support both clubs but now from a distant Spain - if only I could get excited about Marbella in Div. 2!

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Is it really more than double for forest? It was £80 for a student season ticket there when I was a student (5 years ago)... I still went to Brighton matches... In fact it's ideally placed for away matches.

i bypassed forest just most my friends and ppl i wrk with up here are rams fans, they'd never talk to me if i went and watched them

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
When i lived in Thornton heath for a year i watched Palace and saw a great promotion season to the premiership, fantastic. Bet theres no one on here who has seen an Albion team promoted to the premiership and i mean the premiership not the old first division, However as good as it was cheering each Palace goal as they flew in it's still not like watching the Albion.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
When i lived in Thornton heath for a year i watched Palace and saw a great promotion season to the premiership, fantastic. Bet theres no one on here who has seen an Albion team promoted to the premiership and i mean the premiership not the old first division, However as good as it was cheering each Palace goal as they flew in it's still not like watching the Albion.

:ban:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I support Brighton and my local team too. I grew up in Sussex, but never moved back after Uni. I currently live in Wolverhampton and get my football fix 6-10 times a season at Molineux. I'll go less this season as I'm not really prepared to pay Premier League prices. I went last night to watch them in the Carling cup (£7 ticket = bargain).

The best bit about Molineux this season is that they have installed Withdean style seating in the corner of the stadium to squeeze in a few hundred extra fans. In fact the new seats are identical to Withdean... green, tempoary, falling apart and everything.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Are you SE25 in disguise ? :rolleyes:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I support Brighton and my local team too. I grew up in Sussex, but never moved back after Uni. I currently live in Wolverhampton and get my football fix 6-10 times a season at Molineux. I'll go less this season as I'm not really prepared to pay Premier League prices. I went last night to watch them in the Carling cup (£7 ticket = bargain).

The best bit about Molineux this season is that they have installed Withdean style seating in the corner of the stadium to squeeze in a few hundred extra fans. In fact the new seats are identical to Withdean... green, tempoary, falling apart and everything.

Do you go to Molineux with Adrie ? :blush:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

:rolleyes:

a_Boy_Fishing_at_Snow_s_Cut.jpg

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I had a Rotherham season ticket five years ago when I was living above the strip club down the road from Millmoor. Quality. Still got friends there although haven't been for a while, missing the Bristol Rovers game for my first trip to Don Valley Stadium.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm going to Arsenal v Celtic tonight. Not sure how that is relevant but thought I'd say it anyay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here